lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #1
Monzsta
Not Yet Wild

Default Shop tug - Colombia expediter project

A buddy of mine works for a company with a lot of warehouses. One day he dropped off a weird yellow and black 3 wheeled industrial cart as a gift, because he knows I like fooling with things like this.

So a closer inspection of my new toy reveals its a 24v Colombia Expediter. The wiring has been pulled out, the throttle pot is gone and the remains of what looks like a Curtis controller with a missing end cap screwed to the inner bulkhead. So basically it's a rolling chassis with motor.

I work at a busy dealership and floated the idea of building a tug that could push/pull dead cars and trucks around the building and into the bays. We have a 2 wheeled 12v pusher that, while works, struggles on bigger trucks and is slower than all get out.

So I'd like to build this expediter out to really haul. It's got a decent sized motor in it and a 14:1 gear Spicer axle. It's rated for 1,000 pounds towing stock but I'd like to improve upon that.

I'm hunting the elusive 20:1 Eclipse hybrid mower gears, or the 17:1's if I can't find them and may put a limited slip in.

For the controller I'll move this up to a 48v system as the sepex motor is rated for it and I'm starting from scratch electrically anyway. Looking for a controller that can put amps down but be able to protect itself and the motor from abuse.

I'll update with pics later and welcome any thoughts or suggestions.
Monzsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
Lltay21
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Shop tug - Colombia expediter project

Any updates on this projects. I just acquired a 4 wheeled one and not sure what to do with it lol. Thinking about just pulling the electronics and using them on another chassis of some sort.

Also trying to find out more information on mine if technical support doesn’t mind
Lltay21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!