lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
stiffcycle
Not Yet Wild

Default 1983 3 Wheel Fork Seal Help!!!

I have an 83 Columbia/Harley 3 wheel that I'm trying to get going. I'm having difficulty finding the front fork scraper/slider seal . HD part # 21009 is obsolete and doesn't cross to anything I can find. Vintage GC no longer stocks their version. I'm at a loss. Tried crossing to early Harley m/c numbers and by dimensions but no joy. Anyone come up with a solution for this? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
stiffcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: 1983 3 Wheel Fork Seal Help!!!

" IF " you have the old one it can be measured for ID and OD as well as thickness overall..
" THEN " a good parts man can find the size in a seal chart that matches or nearly matches the old one.
GOOGLE: grease seal size chart.
chuckbaynham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Screenshot 2020-06-19 13.34.49.jpg
chuckbaynham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

As well, there is a separate subforum here at BGW titled '"Restoration". There is a sticky there for a bearing / seal supplier that stocks pretty much every seal ever made to include the names of the machines that the seals were used on. I was able to procure a long discontinued Pargo bearing from them. Their site actually said, ".....used on John Deer tractors, Pargo golf carts, Tecumseh motors, etc."

A hint, you will need a micrometer to measure your current seal if you have it. If not you will need to measure the openings where the seal will be placed. You will likely have to find your seal by size and not application. Basic micrometers are cheap and can be bought on Amazon / Ebay.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:05 AM   #5
stiffcycle
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both for your assistance!
stiffcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:51 PM   #6
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I could not find a seal to fit so I use the old ones or machine a o ring seal part to fit then pack with wheel bearing grease.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 wheel, fork, seal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson