lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #1
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Default First Cart Purchase- Gas EZGO vs Yamaha

I’m new to carts and trying to figure out what I should be looking at. It would be used mostly for my family of 4 on hilly streets but would also need to climb a moderate grass hill to get to where I’ll park it.

I’m looking at the EZGO Valor, EZGO Express S4, Yamaha Drive2 and Yamaha Adventurer 2+2.

It seems like a well accessorized Drive2 is basically the same as the Adventurer, but I really struggle to find a definitive answer. EZGO seems to have more power on paper, but it sounds like Yamaha is pretty well loved for quality.

Any thoughts or words of advice? I definitely want a gas EFI setup.

Thanks!
brian_tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2020, 06:35 AM   #2
ICorr434
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: First Cart Purchase- Gas EZGO vs Yamaha

I bought a 2019 Drive2 PTV and have had it for a month now. I really like the cart, needs minimal accessories to make it a Low Speed Vehicle here in Florida which is nice. It’s got a 6” lift and 23” tires but still gets up to 28mph on flat ground. The independent rear suspension is nice. The Quietech was the reason I bought it. It sounds like a gas cart when accelerating from a stop but once cruising it’s very quiet. Don’t have any regrets with the purchase, also got 0% for 36mo. financing through Yamaha.
ICorr434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICorr434 View Post
I bought a 2019 Drive2 PTV and have had it for a month now. I really like the cart, needs minimal accessories to make it a Low Speed Vehicle here in Florida which is nice. It’s got a 6” lift and 23” tires but still gets up to 28mph on flat ground. The independent rear suspension is nice. The Quietech was the reason I bought it. It sounds like a gas cart when accelerating from a stop but once cruising it’s very quiet. Don’t have any regrets with the purchase, also got 0% for 36mo. financing through Yamaha.
Awesome! That sounds exactly like what I’m thinking / looking for. We have a city ordinance allowing carts for our neighborhood. I love the idea of a clean & quiet gas cart. 28mph sounds great too. I keep reading they are supposed to do 15 or 19, but I’m guessing that’s with smaller tires and it’s governed to a specific rpm.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:46 PM   #4
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Alright, I’ve settled on the following:

2019 Yamaha Drive2 PTV
blue with black seats
factory rear seat
Factory installed lighting, turn signals, etc
Factory Extended top
3 inch lift
GTW Spyder black and blue 14 inch wheels with 22 inch tires

Supposed to pick it up next week and very excited! The QuieTech is really quiet from my test drive. Very impressive.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
ICorr434
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Nice! You're going to enjoy it. Post some pics when you get it.
ICorr434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:44 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have both Yamaha and Ezgo gas. Yamaha all day long. That said, run synthetic oil and good oil. Change when it tells you. Look into Plowmans for some hill climbing help. https://www.plowmanscarts.com/
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:30 AM   #7
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! Ended up with a bit more lift but drives great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 34FA045B-8D06-4EAD-983A-839F319FC429.jpeg (175.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs