lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 21 Cell Leaf build

Do you know if your modules will come with the Nissan factory module "spacers"? And it's a good idea to have the module end steel plates.

I used 8mm allthread to mount my pack together. When I did the 7 module unit I used American pitch thread allthread. American thread has a "sharper" pitch than mm allthread....so what this means is the 8mm allthread is easier to mount the modules...at least IMHO.

As for tightness or compression of the modules, I'm sure there is a ft\lb number to that.....but I don't know what that is. I just tighten up the allthread so the modules are nice 'n "snug", not sliding around against each other, and yet, not compressing to the point where the aluminum cases are being crushed.

I just double nut the ends of the allthread plus I apply some Locktite....the easiest Locktite that can be removed.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2020, 02:18 PM   #12
Tsteak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Do you know if your modules will come with the Nissan factory module "spacers"? And it's a good idea to have the module end steel plates.

I used 8mm allthread to mount my pack together. When I did the 7 module unit I used American pitch thread allthread. American thread has a "sharper" pitch than mm allthread....so what this means is the 8mm allthread is easier to mount the modules...at least IMHO.

As for tightness or compression of the modules, I'm sure there is a ft\lb number to that.....but I don't know what that is. I just tighten up the allthread so the modules are nice 'n "snug", not sliding around against each other, and yet, not compressing to the point where the aluminum cases are being crushed.

I just double nut the ends of the allthread plus I apply some Locktite....the easiest Locktite that can be removed.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about the factory spacers, I'll look into that. Are they a bushing type thing that fits on the all-thread?
Tsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

These are the module spacers:

And these are the end plates:

You can likely find 'em on Ebay.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #14
Tsteak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post

You can likely find 'em on Ebay.
Thanks!
Old 04-27-2020, 06:19 AM   #15
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsteak View Post
My buggy runs a 600a Alltrax and sucks down a ton of juice. I'm in the pursuit of incredible range. With my current setup, my 48v 105ah lead acid pack (2mos. old Trojan) yields about an 8 mile range when driving long distance at high speed; this is a fraction of what I need. The cart is a 2002 Ezgo TXT (series)

Is it possible to build a 21 cell Leaf pack? What would be the challenges?

Also, I got the dimensions that MCJEFE graciously provided on his thread, and best I can tell, a 21 cell pack would be about 30" long, which I could fit... I'm thinking I can simply triple them in parallel, rather than double. This will give me roughly 180ah, best I can tell.

So far I've learned just enough about this to make me dangerous, so all your insights are much appreciated!

Thoughts?
Let me know if you need the module covers i sell. Im curious in trying to print a 21 cell cover lol

Drew

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 06:29 PM   #16
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Not trying to be a pain or cause trouble but I'm curious. Shouldn't this thread be in the "All things Lithium" section?

There's one or two more in there that probably should be too.

Thanks!

Brad
NBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #17
Tsteak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBE View Post
Not trying to be a pain or cause trouble but I'm curious. Shouldn't this thread be in the "All things Lithium" section?

There's one or two more in there that probably should be too.

Thanks!

Brad
Yeah, probably should be, but it's not. I couldn't find that one when I started it for some reason, and couldn't move it after, so here it is...
Old 05-01-2020, 06:12 AM   #18
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yeah, probably should be, but it's not. I couldn't find that one when I started it for some reason, and couldn't move it after, so here it is...
Sent you a pm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:46 AM   #19
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I understand. I was thinking a moderator could move it though. Isn't that a thing that mods usually do? Keeping it in the appropriate section certainly makes it easier to find the info you need.

Thanks!

Brad
NBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #20
Tsteak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question for those who have used the ZEVA bms:

Even though I'm using 21 modules, because its still a 7s system, don't I simply use the 8-16 BMS setup with 14 leads? I've been thinking I'd need to use a 21 cell BMS setup, but as I'm taking a deeper look at the schematics it's just dawned on me that that is probably false. Am I not simply adding modules in parallel which doesn't change much at all from the schematics available out there on the 14 module packs? -specifically the one from MCJEFE's thread that he drew up...

I've got the modules here, they came balanced (at least according to my analogue voltage meter), which battery hookup said they did before shipping, so I just need to finalize the shopping list and get this thing going. It's going to be big, but she'll squeeze in there... -Virtually everything gets moved...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0058D.jpg (253.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!