lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2019, 06:27 AM   #1
Blue36vyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16e ezgo hd switch install problem

Hello I'm new here and I'm already modding! The cart was working ok but having a hard time going up more than a hill or 2. So I've decided to upgrade everything...as the budget allows. This weekend I was able to get the new ezgo hd f/r switch mounted and even cut and welded the old Yamaha spindle on it for the Yamaha handle! I'm fairly certain that the micro switches are wired correct. Both yellows on driver's side microswitch & red/pink on passenger side NC and NO terminals. I'm thinking I have the 4 wires on the front of the switch wired wrong. This was because the Yamaha switch had the wires at 10/2/4/8 (on a clock) and the ezgo has them at 12/3/6/9. I checked and I have s1 from the motor at 9, s2 at 3, I think A1 at 6, and the positive from solenoid at 12. I get no click from solenoid when hitting the throttle. Someone please help!!!
Blue36vyamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2019, 12:58 PM   #2
Blue36vyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16e ezgo hd switch install problem

Here's a look at what I got going on. You can see the orientation of the switch. The bottom stud has the positive from the solenoid...like the Yamaha switch had. On the ezgo wiring diagram, that is supposed to be negative. Is this the issue? Anyone have an idea how to convert the old Yamaha f/r switch wiring to the ezgo switch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15668415129585989297333799031753.jpg (200.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15668414656326375145038395507735.jpg (214.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Check that the microswitches are actually activating, sometimes they need just a little tweaking.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #4
Blue36vyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

First off....Thank you so much for replying! I couldn't believe the Yamaha guy got back with me so quick! You sir, are a gem. Ok so I went out last night and was checking everything over with the multimeter. I don't know why but it seemed to me that almost all the terminals on the microswitches had juice all the time. Maybe I wasn't doing it right. I had one probe on the terminal, one on the battery negative? So I wasn't convinced that I was getting the right info. So I took the switch off again and checked everything. The pink and red part of the harness that plugged into the reverse side sort of popped off the terminal as I was taking it apart. So that may have been the issue but I didn't get everything hooked back up again. Gonna finish that today around lunchtime. But I want to ask a favor of ya...because I gather that you have done this conversion before. (btw, I wouldn't just got the contactor but I didn't get that info until after I bought the HD ezgo switch). The favor....what wires go from the Yamaha motor...to the ezgo switch??? I have the A1 from motor going to the 12:00 position on the switch-...S1 is on the left and S2 on the right...and the positive from the solenoid going to the 6:00 stud. Can you verify if that is correct??? Thank you so much and I really appreciate the help. I plan to be useful as well with my knowledge learned during this process as well as many more fun mods to go! lol. Oh and donate.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Your large cables seem like they would work. They could be "a little wrong", like forward is reverse & reverse is forward, but general configuration is good enough to work. If you find F&R is inverted, that's a real easy fix by swapping 3:00 & 9:00 wires. Your current configuration would not prevent the solenoid from activating. And yes, I did do a write up on this forum how to do this conversion.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...zgo-parts.html
Old 08-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
Blue36vyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes!!! Back in business! Evidently blew the 10amp fuse at some point during the install. It's working great now. I did have the microswitches wired wrong until I saw your write up. Man I can't thank you enough! I also did switch my s1 & s2 wires to match my handle's f/r. Lol. Now on to the next mod 😁
Old 08-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Sweet!

Tags
ezgo hd f/r switch, g16e
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha