lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Question Harley Davidson 1970 Golf Cart Restoration Project

Hey all new to group as I just picked up a Harley Davidson 1970 Gas Golf Cart in need of restoration and could use some guidance/assistance with it since never did a cart before, only cars. Think I should start with trying to locate a Manual, seen someone posted a link for a different model. Anybody have a link to mine? Would be HUGE help. Thanks!!
RoboHarleyGolf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Harley Davidson 1970 Golf Cart Restoration Project

Here you go:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/columbia-parcars/

There are a lot of HD / Columbia manuals there. Do some browsing to make sure you get the right manual one. I think there is a main one that covers all years up until '81 or so. I am not real familiar with carts earlier than '80 but there are a few guys here that are the masters.

Note that, being that it's winter, forum traffic is light and you may not get a response to questions right away. When it warms up there's a lot more traffic.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Just curious. Is it a 3 or 4 wheel cart? Good luck with your project!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

It's a 3 wheel-Gas. Love the styling of it. Will have to post some progression pics. At square 1 right now. Need a manual and a key. Picked it up for $100 delivered to my house. He said it ran when he parked it 5 years ago in the carport in backyard. Right off bat know it needs new battery, tires, seats, clutch, a tailight. Think I still got a great deal... what do you think group?

Wanted a smaller scale restoration project then a car for my 12yr old son and I to work on. Get him some on hands experience and some bonding time-- they grow up so fast!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #5
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Welcome to BGW. $100 delivered is a great price, good project for you and your son.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

It has been great working on carts with my son. We have been doing it for about 5 years now. He is 13 and still enjoys it and can spot a bargin on carts and parts. He already has been talking about a dirt bike and his first car. Enjoy every moment and take plenty of pictures. Time does pass us quickly.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #7
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

That was a good price! I have a 1974 4 wheel and a 1976 3 wheel and I seem to prefer the 3 wheel. Both machines I converted to a steering wheel.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Yes, love the unique 3 wheel design. So anybody know where to get a primary clutch drive? Ones I did find online are outrageous $. Looks like going to be trolling parts carts/salvage yards.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:48 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Smile Re: Harley Davidson 1970 Golf Cart Restoration Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHarleyGolf70 View Post
Yes, love the unique 3 wheel design. So anybody know where to get a primary clutch drive? Ones I did find online are outrageous $. Looks like going to be trolling parts carts/salvage yards.
Good luck again with your project Robo. You do realize these carts are rare and you paid less for yours than a parts cart sells for nowadays. If you find a Harley salvage yard please let me know where it is. IDK, could be different in your area.

Hope it is a fun project for you and your son!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #10
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Yeah I knew they weren't common in fact most people I tell didn't even realize Harley made golf carts at one time, I know I didn't till ran across this one. I did find a guy about 45min from my house that has (2) circa early 70's HD part carts. Hopefully they have what I need and are compatible with my 1970 model.

Tags
harley 3 wheel, harley davidson golf cart, harley gas golf cart, harley/columbia
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson