lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
whynot3k
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Bi-Yearly Maintenance (1992+ DS carts)

Good Morning Folks,
I just joined the forum, as my brother and I have recently bought a couple of gas-powered golf_carts, (a Club_Car & an E-Z_Go)... Looks like there are dozens of topics/discussions on multiple brands of golf-carts here, including this interesting thread regarding maintenance and Fram_Oil_Filters...
There are a few Web_Sites where a couple of individuals have taken the time to buy, dissect and review a myriad of oil-filters from various vendors. Both of these people came to the same conclusion regarding the Fram_Extra-Guard and Fram_Double-Guard, (poor quality) whereas the Fram_Tough-Guard appeared to be of better quality...
I realize that this forum is for golf-carts and not automobiles or oil-filters; but I believe that these 2 URLs may help other people who perform self-maintenance on the Golf-Carts, as to which oil-filter(s) to consider buying...

http://www.corolland.com/oil-filters.html

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

Of course with E-Z_GO, one feels like they are working on a 1967 air-cooled VW_Beetle with the steel-mesh-screen (basically no oil-filter)... Looking forward to reading more topics and "possibly contributing" as well...
Thanx,
whynot3k
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
minion
Not Yet Wild

Just where are the 5 Zirks?
I see two on the steering ball joints.

BTW been using Fram filters for 30 odd years without a problem.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #13
roady89
nimda
Club Car

There is 1 on the steering rack and should be 1 on each spindle. I have never had a problem with FRAM filters either...and never heard anything bad either. I think its "personal preference". Looks like this guide needs to be updated.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #14
minion
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I have 310,000 on my current truck and she has never missed a beat.
over 1.5 million combined and never an oil related failure.

Thanks for the info.
BTW if you don't put them on too tight they come right back off.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #15
custom works
Not Yet Wild

I have to agree that the Fram filters are of lesser quality. I own a motorcycle repair shop and have had 6 engines spin rod bearings due to the Fram oil filter collapsing internally. I understand that we are not turning our motors 12,000 rpm or more like these motorcycles but if you plan on bypassing the governor I would personally use a different filter. The real life of these engines is maintenance and regular oil and filter changes. Just my experience and opinion.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #16
Mwood
Not Yet Wild

I use fram filters in everything that I have except the golf cars that I service. I buy them in bulk getting twenty or more at a time.
Have you ever cut apart a fram verses like say a Lee and compared them. I beleive you would be suprised. If you have to use a pipe wrench to remove a filter it is on way to tight. I use the plyers they seem to work the best with minimal hassel.
Very good information on the valve adjustments. thanks
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car