lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #11
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Efi fuel pressure

I also have a 2017 PTV EFI and mine has a similar issue. The first time that I start it each day it acts like it is not getting fuel. I have to keep feathering the throttle until it finally starts. I have found that if I start it in neutral and let it runs several seconds that it will then start in gear fine. Once it starts the first time each day it runs great the rest of the day.

Do you feel that this is also a fuel pump issue? I need to get a gauge and check the fuel pressure and then i will know more.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 02:17 PM   #12
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It could be but I do find that some of these EFI's do have what I consider a hard first start if its a little cooler in the morning...I find myself looking for the choke sometimes because we sell and repair all years until I realize I'm on one of the EFI carts...Like you said best bet is to get a gauge and check pressure when Its struggling to confirm proper pressure..
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:49 PM   #13
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I talked with one of the techs at the closest Yamaha dealer to me today. He said he didn't believe that it was a fuel pump problem and he had only replaced one since the EFI's came out mid 2012. He LAO said that when they put them back inside at night that about 8 out of 10 of the carts have to turn over several times before they start and felt that it was just "normal" for the Yamaha EFI's so I guess that I won't worry about it.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:28 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Normal.... and oddly, when the tank is nearer empty, seems worse. Until it gets better/more advanced, it's just a "fancy electronic carburetor that can compensate for altitude" right now, and I see little to no benefit. (Except high fuel pump failure rates costing $250-350 depending on model). Personally, I would want a carb model as of now.

Funny, my old junker 1977 chevy starts up faster than my fancy fuel injected "commuter conveyance machine". (But, admittedly, gets 1/2 the gas mileage)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha