lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #11
cxiijones
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Big-Blockin' the G1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
I don't know if there is any difference from year to year. I found the machine I used locally on Craigslist and got it cheap because it was so beat up. I don't know what year it was, but the ignition system from the buggy fits and works. That was my main concern. Any idea how to tell the year of a Bravo from the serial number?

More pix coming soon.
After digging a bit I found that the year and model are determined by the first 3 digits, should be a number followed by a letter and another number, it didn't however tell how to decipher em, also dug up a wiring diagram for an 80's Bravo, the Bravo was made from 82 till the present 2009

I also found some numbers relating to the years, no reference to where they are on the machine but they are out of a yammy factory manual, they are

1982 Yamaha Bravo BR250F
1984 Yamaha Bravo BR250H
1985 Yamaha Bravo BR250J
1986 Yamaha Bravo BR250K
1987 Yamaha Bravo BR250L
1988 Yamaha Bravo BR250M
1989 Yamaha Bravo BR250N
1990 Yamaha Bravo BR250P
1992 Yamaha Bravo BR250S
1993 Yamaha Bravo BR250T

will post more if I find it, nice project you got going
cxiijones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #12
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for looking that up. The engine is a 250cc and serial # is 89 B 000146, so I'm guessing 1989? The chassis number starts out 492, four more digits then "B". The search continues.
The wiring on the snowmobile doesn't matter, since you remove it all and use the original wiring and ignition system from the buggy, including the flywheel. Unless they made some physical changes to the engine over the years, they should all work.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #13
cxiijones
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Your welcome, looks like they were all pretty much the same according to what I've read so the year really doesn't matter even up to the most current ones, makes parts easy to come by anyway, lol
cxiijones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:01 AM   #14
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Engine is mounted and lined up with the secondary clutch. The original fuel pump mounts on this transmission were damaged, so I fabbed up a mount for the snowmobile fuel pump. The old one may not have the capacity this engine requires anyway. A former owner disassembled this trans and totally removed the governor. That's a good thing. The carb is going to be real close to the trans. so I will need every spare inch of space in this area. I don't need or want the governor anyway. Now to modify the snowmobile muffler to fit. Size-wise it looks good. but will have to be turned around 180* to put the outlet on the right side. The inlet pipe will have to be cut and turned around to face the engine. The inlet socket is damaged and will need to be replaced. The former owners continued to run the machine with broken motor mounts and wore the balljoint out. The outlet, visible just to the right of the engine in the third image will need to be reworked to clear the muffler mount and get over the frame rails to dump out on the right side in front of the battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0113.jpg (121.4 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0114.jpg (125.2 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0115.jpg (127.0 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0116.jpg (121.3 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0117.jpg (119.6 KB, 238 views)
Old 02-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #15
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

hey i see a pully groove in the primary fixed sheive are you going to run the cart starter/gen or just the pull start?
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

looking good nice build---
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm going to use the starter/generator. My goal is to make this cart function just like the stock cart, just a "little" more juice when you step on the accelerator. I left the recoil on to protect the flywheel and for emergency use. Pix of the modified exhaust coming soon.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #18
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

great idea!
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #19
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Subscribed. I have been trying to locate a Bravo motor for this swap, but living in the south it has been a challenge. Snowmobiles are not really sitting aroud down here and finding someone willing to pull and ship an engine is a challenge.
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #20
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's a place to try:

http://www.alssnowmobile.com/

Give them a call. They have the largest snowmobile junkyard in the known universe.
Shipping is probably going to hurt, though....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!