lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 08:15 AM   #1
Riddle.brody
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear Swingarm Drop Bracket

What all models use this style rear swing arm mount? This is my 2020 Fleet EFI cart that I just installed a RHOX Lift 505 6" BMF lift on with 23" tires. I'm not very happy with the rear suspension geometry with this 6" lift and I was looking for a source for a drop bracket to move the rear axle back closer to the center of the wheel well and help level out the rear swing arm. It looks like Vegas Carts makes a kit for the older carts but after contacting them they don't have anything for the newer carts. I have a metal fab shop and was thinking about designing a bracket for my cart and possibly for resale that would bolt on and relocate the bushing mount about 3" lower and an inch or so further back. Before putting a bunch of work into designing something for market I was wondering how many model years this would actually apply to. I have attached pictures of my front swing arm mount for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2346.jpg (213.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2348.jpg (120.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2349.jpg (138.3 KB, 0 views)
Riddle.brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear Swingarm Drop Bracket

Nice cart!

I think the G16, 22, and 29 all have this style of swingarm pivot. It's like a ball joint. The aftermarket ones are usually a large heim joint, you could incorporate that in the design.

I'm pretty sure if you just drop the swingarm level it will return the rear wheels to the original position in the rear wheel well. Typically lifting the cart has that affect on the axle, pulls it forward a little. If you move it back and inch, it might throw the geometry off for the shocks or something else.

You could just disconnect the swingarm and rest it on a floor jack. Get it level. Use a plumb bob or laser level to position the bolt holes so they line up. Then recheck your axle center.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yamaha G14-Up use the Single-Point Mounting Bushing. As you raise the cart, the axle travels forward, So lowering the front will bring the axle back into position, and usually only requires about 50% drop, compared to your lift (6"-Lift =3" Drop). If you want to drop the Original bushing-assy, make sure the bracket is sturdy enough to handle the increased leverage of being dropped down. If you go to a Heim-Joint, I would recommend a 3/4" Heim, it seems like overkill, but there is a lot of pressure on that single-stud mount. Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #4
Riddle.brody
Not Yet Wild

I finished up fabrication of my drop bracket over the weekend and I am very happy with how it turned out. I Ceramic coated it last night to match the "Bronze" theme on the cart and will be doing the final install tonight. This bracket drops the front mounting point 3" which I think is perfect for a 4" to 6" lift kit.

This corrects the severe angle that the lift kit puts on the front rubber swing arm bushing as well as the horrible misalignment of the rear track bar bushing. It also moves the rear axle back to the center of the wheel well. It puts the motor at a much more comfortable angle. I have not pulled the dipstick yet. I'm sure the dipstick still reads incorrectly but it should at least be closer to stock. I have not done much of a drive test other than just around the yard and up and down the street but so far everything is working as planned. Suspension science tells me it should make the rear suspension smoother as the rear swingarm is not at such a severe angle.

As of now my plan is to get it all put back together now that it is all ceramic coated, and do a lot more off-road testing. I'm not worried about the structural integrity of the part at all as my mount is much heavier material than factory but Missouri deer season is coming up this weekend and I will be using the cart for quite a bit of off-roading and putting it through its paces. Once that is all done I will likely be putting a package together to make this thing available for sale. I just need to figure out what all cart models this will fit on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2395.jpg (181.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2393.jpg (188.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2394.jpg (183.2 KB, 0 views)
Riddle.brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Very nice piece. Great fab work. Looking forward to your full evaluation.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:35 PM   #6
jwgoad
Getting Wild
Yamaha

If you've gotten the desired results, I'd be interested in one of these.
jwgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:36 PM   #7
Nhjohnny1
Not Yet Wild

Same here, I could use 3
Thanks
Nhjohnny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:01 PM   #8
Kessler
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Wonder how it turned out?
Interested in 1 as well.
Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:17 AM   #9
fisher42007
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So how did your drop bracket work out. Seems like a great idea.
fisher42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:16 PM   #10
Bls64
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle.brody View Post
I finished up fabrication of my drop bracket over the weekend and I am very happy with how it turned out. I Ceramic coated it last night to match the "Bronze" theme on the cart and will be doing the final install tonight. This bracket drops the front mounting point 3" which I think is perfect for a 4" to 6" lift kit.

This corrects the severe angle that the lift kit puts on the front rubber swing arm bushing as well as the horrible misalignment of the rear track bar bushing. It also moves the rear axle back to the center of the wheel well. It puts the motor at a much more comfortable angle. I have not pulled the dipstick yet. I'm sure the dipstick still reads incorrectly but it should at least be closer to stock. I have not done much of a drive test other than just around the yard and up and down the street but so far everything is working as planned. Suspension science tells me it should make the rear suspension smoother as the rear swingarm is not at such a severe angle.

As of now my plan is to get it all put back together now that it is all ceramic coated, and do a lot more off-road testing. I'm not worried about the structural integrity of the part at all as my mount is much heavier material than factory but Missouri deer season is coming up this weekend and I will be using the cart for quite a bit of off-roading and putting it through its paces. Once that is all done I will likely be putting a package together to make this thing available for sale. I just need to figure out what all cart models this will fit on.
What is the latest on this? Have any for-sale? I have a drive g29 and would be interested in getting one? Did u have to extended any cables which this?
Bls64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha