lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post
Test Post Test your Sig, Avatar, or images here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #1981
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default O-I_C

So I recently lifted the front of my cart 2.5” due to rubbing issues and then I ended up with a squat look, not my kind of thing, it was really bad when my two kids hopped on the back too.
So in the past I added a 1.75” longer shackle in the rear and that gave me about 3/4” of lift, that helped a bit when I needed it, but I really wanted another 2” I read a lot and had no luck except for doing a new 3” lift, witch I didn’t really want to do or remake a very long shackle, witch I really didn’t want.
So I came up with the idea of purchasing a set of trailer slipper springs and cutting off the ends and using one or even both to re-arch my stock single cart leaf spring. So I made the purchase, along with a new unbolt set to fit the same application. When I received them I got to it, cut the ends unbolted the leaf pack and mounted them up, started with one (the bigger leaf) only gave me 1” disassembled it and added the second one, all said and done it gave me a solid 2.25”! I did have to drill out a few holes on the old mounting plate to fit the new ubolts.
If your looking to lift the rear an 1” or 2” I’d recommend doing this! All-n-all it was a simple process, it gave me what I wanted and the ride is not even that stiff, I though this thing was going to be super stiff in the rear, but it’s very doable and not annoying.
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2021, 04:37 PM   #1982
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo intermittent no/slow reverse

Check the F1 and F2 cables for worn through insulation where they are routed around the battery framework.

That problem typically effect both directions, but the torque shifts the motor/differential towards front of cart in F and towards the rear of cart in R, so there is the possibility it only shows up in one direction.

Other than that, the low amp (field) portion of the controller is going out.

Replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Worn field wire insulation.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #1983
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward reverse switch change

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If a SPDT switch is used, a diode is needed, but no diode is needed if a DPDT switch is used. Here is a drawing for a DPDT/center off switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Replace Later Type DCS FNR with DPDT switch.jpg (92.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fnr7.jpg (76.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fnr2.jpg (91.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fnr1.jpg (167.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-29-2021, 10:14 AM   #1984
rib33024

DEADLY SHOTS! Former Pfizer Employee Confirms Poison in COVID 'Vaccine

https://rumble.com/vkgdq7-deadly-sho...qgg-W8l4Hp8yeA
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #1985
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Formula for calculating cart speed form motor RPM?

First step is to physically measure the height of your rear tires. The numbers on the sidewall are approximate at best and can vary from the true size by an inch or more in either direction. (My 18x8.50-8 tires are only 7.04" tall.)

1. Multiply the tire height in inches by Pi to get circumference in inches.
2. Multiply feet in one mile by 12 to get inches in a mile.
3. Divide that number by the tire circumference to get tire revolutions per mile.
4. Multiply that number by the differential gear ratio to get motor revolutions per mile.
5. Divide that number by 60 to get Motor RPM per MPH

For rear tires that are exactly 22.0" tall with 12.44:1 gears, I get 190.069 motor RPM per MPH and 4500 RPM translates to 23.7MPH.

I have a spreadsheet that does all the math, so post your exact tire height and I'll get you the results.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #1986
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The RXV absolutely benefits from 2 guage wires.
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I've always used a heavier 2 ga. wires when putting DC carts together. Does the AC drive system of the RXV get any benefit from larger than stock wires?
The RXV absolutely benefits from 2 guage wires. In fact, once you switch to 2 guage wires, the performance differences between the stock 235 Amp Curtis controller and the upgrade 350 Amp controller are reduced. I monitored current draw from the batteries and despite the higher current capacity of the upgrade controller, current draw did not even exceed the factory controller capabilities until the wiring is upgraded to 2 guage and additional programming is done to increase the accelleration rate. The 4 guage cables that come with the upgrade controller are not even capable of passing the 350 Amps that the controller is capable of, without excessive loss. Voltage drop in the battery wires limits performance. The additional cost of going to 2 guage wire is well worth it.

I chose to go back to my stock controller because it is more than capable of really good performance by just upgrading the wires. The accelleration rates are easy to change in the profile settings of the profile you are using.

Bob
Old 08-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #1987
rib33024

Old 09-03-2021, 09:26 PM   #1988
rib33024

Default Re: RXV sonic weld repair

Old 10-06-2021, 06:31 AM   #1989
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Random Pictures #2

StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:21 AM   #1990
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Random Pictures #2

StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post