lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #1
05CCP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default CC Precedent Armrest Delete

*First Post* I just got my first cart 05 CC Precedent Gas (needs A LOT of work) and have already started customizing it. Started with a 6" Jakes a-arm lift, 14" Diesel wheels, and 26" M/T's. I have only got the front lifted so far and have come to the decision that it would be MUCH easier for me to transfer in and out, or on and off (not sure what y'all say yet) of my seat without the drivers side armrest being in the way. I am a paraplegic and am 6'4" and the armrest makes it difficult to slide out into my chair. I am pretty sure that the armrest is what holds the seat up correct? I don't want to just cut it off because I don't want it to be ugly and I don't want there to be any sharp edges I could hurt myself on while sliding across. Does anyone make a armrest delete that would functionally keep the seat up while also being out of the way for me to transfer? I have noticed that most custom seats do not have the factory armrest so how do they stay up? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance
05CCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2020, 05:46 AM   #2
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: CC Precedent Armrest Delete

Welcome!
I think if the armrests are anything like the ones on the DS, the just attach to the seat base with a couple of screws. If the armrest was removed the seat base would still keep it place and hold it up.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #3
05CCP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: CC Precedent Armrest Delete

Thank you for your reply Noonan! I appreciate you taking your time to respond. Yes sir they are both attached with just two screws. I removed them to clean the seat pad and install a seat cover. But didn’t try to set it back on with out them as I hadn’t yet realized they were in my way. Think I will just remove them and see what happens lol. I will let you know how it goes... Wish me luck lol
Old 12-01-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

I realize just now that I may have lead you astray.
My apologies. It does look like after closer inspection of a Precedent today, that the seat is supported by the armrests. I do have one here that I could "modify" to see if how it holds up before you make any changes to yours that could end up costing you some $$ if you want. Give me a yell, if I can help.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #5
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

EDIT: Im just now realized what you mean by the seat being supported by the armrest(which club car calls a Hip Restraint). Im sure you could cut it just below the body so you dont scrap yourself on it and it still provide support for the seat. Ill have to look at mine when i get home to think of another option in order to not to cut the originals.

Also your running 26"s with a 6" lift? Most guys go 22"s or 23"s.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:19 AM   #6
05CCP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you both very much, Wayne and Noonan! I just revisited this thread and didn’t realize you both had sent replies so I apologize for not responding sooner! I did go ahead and remove the hip restraint on the drivers side but left the passenger side on since my kids ride with me I didn’t feel safe taking it off! And it has helped tremendously with the ease of transferring both into and out of the cart!!! The only drawback is that I kind of feel like I am going to slide out occasionally lol. I don’t go fast at all and haven’t even come close but just get that feeling from time to time. So I am looking at swayback’s that have fold down/up armrests. Not sure I want to spend the cash yet but is definitely in the realm of potential upgrades...

And yes sir Wayne I am running 26x10 with no issues rubbing yet and it looks killer! I did have to trim the rear a bit to clear the tire though...
pic is before I trimmed the rear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7845F9AA-663D-4E03-81BD-C549DB77EAD4.jpg (135.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2021, 08:22 AM   #7
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

maybe you could make a hinged hip restraint or one that drops in place ?
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #8
05CCP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCurt View Post
maybe you could make a hinged hip restraint or one that drops in place ?
Appreciate the thoughts Curt! That is a good idea! I have found a couple folding armrests that screw to lawnmower seats that I may try...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center