lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Default 93 club car rear end

Ok, so I put the motor back on the rearend in the 93 club car I got recently (was told motor was bad, but seems ok, controller was definitely bad), and I raised it in the air, and tested the motor using a 12v battery again. It runs, but turns only the passenger side wheel. Should both wheels be spinning when it is in the air like that? The driver side is rather TIGHT to turn by hand. Seems like something might be wrong in the rearend.

Should I tear apart the rear diff and check things out, or is this normal?

I sure hope the rearend isn't totally shot, because that will be yet another expense to deal with on top of the controller... Oh well, I might pick up two more "parts" carts for $100, if the guy emails back soon, and maybe I'll be able to piece a couple working carts together out of all of these. LOL
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 93 club car rear end

No worries with the rear end. It's just the brake on that side is too tight. Just adjust it off till it turns free. They adjust just like a car. And yes, when you get it adjusted properly they both may turn but are made to pull only one wheel at a time.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Thanks rusty, that's what I'm hoping for. I was a little concerned since the previous owner wasn't really specific about the failure, saying something about gears, and the motor going bad, but then the motor turned out to be ok (well, at least it appears to be, since it turns under power), and the controller turns out to have been totally smoked. I thought maybe with a rear end problem it could have caused a problem that may have damaged the controller.

I'll check the brakes tomorrow though. I appreciate the input.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Good deal. With a break too tight, that will cause the motor to pull more amps. For an extended period it will burn up a good controller.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Hoping to be able to work on the CC this weekend sometime. My new controller (36-48v) and new 48v solenoid showed up today, so I just need to pull and clean up the F&R switch, and check the V-glide, and maybe build new cables, and of course adjust that brake, and hopefully it'll run for me. Then I can move on to the next project.

I'll let you know if it was just the brake. I sure hope so.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car