lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
b00sted2j
Not Yet Wild

Default Some input on Monster cart plans

Hey guys, first i wanna say hi, im new here. I have been building turbo supras for a long time and working on alot of other cars in the past, so i am very mechanical and wont be annoying with most my posts. I also used to be a moderator on clubna-t.com .

ok, now heres what im planning on doing and would love some input, wether its people telling me it cant be done or good advice, aybe even some links to other threads that could help, i did alittle searching but im confused on some of this stuff.

I want to build a gsxr 600 golf cart. i am a semi pro golfer, and live a few miles from 2 coarse's in orlando FL. I want to make the cart quiet enough i can bring it on the coarse so i know i need a sick exhaust but dont worry about that. I deff want it to act like a regular golf cart that turns off when you stop. I am brand new to starter generators so does anyone know what kind i can use and where to get them that would be strong enough for a 600cc motor. i do want to use the gear shifter and plan on making it into paddle shifters. just a simple right side up and left side down! i plan on making a standard foot clutch for the cart just like a car. never played with chain driven and sprockets and things, so whats a good route to go on this?

other question, is it possible to make the cart 100% street legal. like i know with the blinkers and all that stuff, but every thing i find online says its gotta stay on roads that are 25mph or less. i wanna drive it anywhere!

Money is a problem on this cart, i was a budget build moderator for supras so i am very good at doing things cheap but right! i have an old electric yamaha im looking at buying and tearing apart for this.

thanks for any help - John
b00sted2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Some input on Monster cart plans

First off

The electric cart does not have reverse in the trans axle.

1005 legal will be beyond a low budget.

Go to the big block section and you will find several bike engine builds.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

check this thread
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-rocket-3.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...sxr-build.html
Old 08-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
b00sted2j
Not Yet Wild

thanks guys, i found a cart that has no motor and a atv rear end! only problem is it has a chain drive, i want to make this thing go in reverse too.
b00sted2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

check this out.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...en-clutch.html
Old 08-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
galloway
Gone Wild

Club Car

First problem I see is this. Clutch plus a gas petal start. with the let off the gas it dies.

100% street legal has to do with safety features and speed of the cart. I have found the lists for lsv safety features but not a full blown highway speed vehicle. bc I don't know how you would get a title for it to get license plates.

And reverse with motorcycle engines are just hard to do. I have heard of using starters to pull the cart backwards by putting it inline with the chain drive.
galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

I was told you can't make a golf cart legal for the streets in florida.I have been asking my mom about it and she works at dmv.Says no go.As far as the starter generator I would not know how you would be able to connect it to the bike motor.Good luck on the build.You are probably close to in central florida.Let me know if you need any help.Later,Richie
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
2 stroke..... no reverse.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
2 stroke..... no reverse.
bummer that looked like a good deal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts