lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
dustycart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 13hp honda trail wagon needs POWER!

My friend bought a used trail wagon with a 13hp honda motor. It is built very well. It has 4wd and a locking rear differential. It has disc brakes front and rear. It also has a beefy roll cage and a rear dump bed all factory. The only problem is that it has no power to pull hills. Its set up the same as my yam g16,belt, clutch and secondary clutch. Does any one make a torque kit for it like they do the yam or other carts. I notice the spring in the rear is so weak I can compress it with my fingers. If someone made a stiffer spring for it i think it would come alive. Would any of the torque springs from other carts work? Thanks for any input.
dustycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 13hp honda trail wagon needs POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustycart View Post
My friend bought a used trail wagon with a 13hp honda motor. It is built very well. It has 4wd and a locking rear differential. It has disc brakes front and rear. It also has a beefy roll cage and a rear dump bed all factory. The only problem is that it has no power to pull hills. Its set up the same as my yam g16,belt, clutch and secondary clutch. Does any one make a torque kit for it like they do the yam or other carts. I notice the spring in the rear is so weak I can compress it with my fingers. If someone made a stiffer spring for it i think it would come alive. Would any of the torque springs from other carts work? Thanks for any input.
That sounds like it could be the problem there. If the spring is too weak then the secondary is upshifting too soon and not allowing the engine to run in its optimal power range. I don't know anyone who deals with those....have never even seen one. If you can figure out who makes the drive and driven clutch you should be able to buy tuning kits and springs for it.

No, other springs etc from other carts won't work unless its a golf cart clutch.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts