lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2022, 06:28 PM   #1
Kart394
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 metalist not moving help

I have a 94 metalist that quit on me. Using my meter everything seems good. Replaced solenoid even though it seemed to be working. Forward and reverse switches looked fine. Is there a motor reset or a way to determine if the motor is done?
Kart394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2022, 07:45 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 metalist not moving help

The first step of the process is to check your battery pack V, what is the voltage of the pack and each battery.

Does the solenoid click?

If you measure the voltage before the solenoid it will be exactly the same as the battery pack. If you measure the voltage after the solenoid it will be a little lower than the battery until the solenoid clicks then it should be exactly the same. What is the V before/after the solenoid after it clicks?

What controller do you have? You said you replaced it in one of the other three posts for this exact same question. Did you get a rebuilt controller? New stock controller? New aftermarket controller?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 09:25 PM   #3
Kart394
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
The first step of the process is to check your battery pack V, what is the voltage of the pack and each battery.

Does the solenoid click?

If you measure the voltage before the solenoid it will be exactly the same as the battery pack. If you measure the voltage after the solenoid it will be a little lower than the battery until the solenoid clicks then it should be exactly the same. What is the V before/after the solenoid after it clicks?

What controller do you have? You said you replaced it in one of the other three posts for this exact same question. Did you get a rebuilt controller? New stock controller? New aftermarket controller?
Like I said in the first post of this thread. I have checked everything and replaced the solenoid even though the old one checked out good. No idea what controller I have. It’s the one that came on it. Apparently your mistaken my post for someone else’s .
Old 09-19-2022, 10:52 AM   #4
rib33024

You say everything checks out but you don't give no information for the questions we ask. did you take that F/R switch apart and check it and make sure nothing's melted like you were asked in your other post/thread.What is the battery pack voltage at rest ?. how old are the batteries ?. Did you get a new meter to do these test.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:11 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart394 View Post
Apparently your mistaken my post for someone else’s .
You are correct. There's Sgtimback who started two other posts with the same title as you. My mistake
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:12 PM   #6
Jds1971
Not Yet Wild

Picked up from another forum, so I can’t take full credit for it. I had to test mine and this what I did to check the motor.

Jack the back of the cart up. Then jump the 2 large posts on the solenoid with a 6 gauge or larger jumper cable and see if it runs. If it does the solenoid is bad. If it still doesn't run you can test the motor with 12 volts to make sure it's good. If the motor is good and the cart is wired right I'd lean toward the controller being the problem.

Here's a way to test a series motor with 12 volts.

SERIES wound motor test:

Jack the rear tires of the ground and put the cart on jack stands...
Remove the main positive and negative cables form the battery pack...
Spray the 4 studs on the motor with a little penetrating oil...
Mark the cables then remove all four cables from the motor (use a wrench to hold the jam nuts)...
Put a jumper wire from a "A" terminal to an "S" terminal. (Example: A1 to S1)...
Then hook a 12 volt battery or 12 volt battery charger in the 15+ amp range to the remaining "A" and "S" terminal (Example A2 and S2)...

If the motor spins it's good...

Last edited by Jds1971; 09-20-2022 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Jds1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:10 PM   #7
Kart394
Not Yet Wild

Haven’t had a chance to really fool with it lately. Battery pack is 37.8v. Everything shows 37.8 even at the motor. I did clean the f/r switch. I’ll try hooking 12v to the motor this weekend.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:26 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You never have answered if the solenoid clicks when you pressed the pedal. All you said is you changed it. That is a key step on which to go in the diagnostic process. If it didn't click then you need to check the activation circuit. Reed switch, forward micro switch, key switch, foot switch. If it does click, then controller, forward and reverse, motor, or throttle.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #9
Kart394
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid was clicking before ever replacing it, but yes it still clicks after replacing it. Tested the motor today. It did try to move when hooking to a 12v car battery. Was really small gauge wire. But while taking cables loose the studs were spinning. When trying to hook the cables back up after testing it two of the 4 feel out the motor. Gotta have this one fixed or replaced. Just made more of an expense than it already was. Luckily the kart was free I just had to buy batteries.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:12 PM   #10
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart394 View Post
The solenoid was clicking before ever replacing it, but yes it still clicks after replacing it. Tested the motor today. It did try to move when hooking to a 12v car battery. Was really small gauge wire. But while taking cables loose the studs were spinning. When trying to hook the cables back up after testing it two of the 4 feel out the motor. Gotta have this one fixed or replaced. Just made more of an expense than it already was. Luckily the kart was free I just had to buy batteries.
Well if this wasn't contributing to your current issue I would imagine it would be in the near future.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO