lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2021, 07:45 PM   #1
dirtE_dirtE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart Doesn't Move

Hi everyone, you guys were super helpful with my last issue. Here's hoping you guys can come through again!

Backing the cart out of my garage, the cart died in the street. It wouldn't move either in fwd or reverse. The day before we got caught in a rain storm but it worked fine, we parked it in the garage and after several hours we plugged it in to charge that night like we typically do.

The next day, the cart went in reverse, we backed it out of the driveway but it stopped working in the street as we tried to go fwd.

Now, when turning the key to reverse, there is no backup buzzing noise. But moving the key to fwd, the buzzing noise starts. But the cart doesn't move. The solenoid does click between "gears."

I measured the battery voltage (~50V total) as well as each battery (12+V).

I checked all the fuses.

I did notice, when I press the brake open and close, the backup buzzing goes on and off. So that's weird.

Any thoughts?
dirtE_dirtE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
dirtE_dirtE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart Doesn't Move

Hi everyone, not sure if my description isn't great, but I didn't even get one reply

Before I take my cart for service and probably get ripped off, anyone have any ideas I can try?

Appreciate any help.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:25 AM   #3
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

What is the cart, make, model, Voltage, age/make of batteries., upgrades, lift with big tires? ...more info the better. Assume you have checked all connects, cables, etc.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:24 PM   #4
dirtE_dirtE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi, sorry, thought the details were in my profile

I have a 2008 EZGO RXV

I've checked all connections, checked fuses (which are OK and not blown)

Total battery voltage is ~50V and the individual batteries all measure over 12V (the batteries are about 1.5 yrs old)

The solenoid is new

The cart is not lifted and is mostly stock

Appreciate any help
Old 06-18-2021, 02:40 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check the plug under the cup holder for corrosion and make sure both pedals are pulled back.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:25 PM   #6
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm puzzled by the reverse beeper sounding in forward but not in reverse. That was making me think failed key switch, but what would be sounding the reverse beeper with action of the brake pedal ? The word "rain" and "wet" always makes my hair stand up with RXV and their notorious wiring harness weak spots. They're the very reason I have a Curtis diagnostics handheld. A live look at input feeds here might tell a tale.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:51 PM   #7
dirtE_dirtE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi thanks for the input. I'll check the plug under the cup holder. Both pedals are indeed pulled back as far as they'll go.

And yes, the only other symptom besides the cart not wanting to move and the weird buzzing noise when hitting the brake is the buzzer sounds when I put the cart in reverse and in forward.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:24 PM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sthreatt, the 2008 RXV is a Danaher controlled cart, so a Curtis handheld won't really help.

Dirt_E, is the cart performing the on-self-test when you turn it on ( one click from solenoid, back and forth test of parking brake )?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:16 PM   #9
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Sthreatt, the 2008 RXV is a Danaher controlled cart, so a Curtis handheld won't really help.
I have the handheld for Danaher too. Couldn't hardly function without it. My heart sinks every time I raise a seat and see that shiny cover over the resistor. I don't like Danaher. Gotta go get the other case.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:51 AM   #10
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

After 4 years with the Danaher cart, i can't say anything bad about it! No unexpected brake lockups or buzzer alarms, nothing. I think it's a good combination, a totally computerized cart controlled by a much less sensitive controller
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, 48v, ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO