lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2020, 11:44 PM   #1
Bay Devil
Not Yet Wild

Default CC Carryall conversion with exhaust job

Well after 24 years I had enough of 9hp and residual electrical issues. Not being as mechanically inclined as some of you I risked ordering a VC 625 kit for this 1996 Carryall.

Instructions were pretty good and overall an easy,but time consuming, job. When all systems were in I turned the key and it all worked. There have been some tweaks here and there but it was relatively easy. The wiring harness was perfect and easy to install and far less electrical than stock. I did mount the key switch in the dash as I did not want it on the steering column.

I will say that the lunch box muffler the kit comes with sucks and is really loud. This forum has been really helpful addressing that issue. I bought a Walker 2229 muffler and a few fittings and got to welding. I used the VC header and made my own exhaust flange to mate. I hope the header bracket will carry the additional extension I made. I anchored the muffler to the axel and added a spring mount that can flex if needed. Between the header bracket and the axel I think it will be well supported and flex as needed. The new exhaust tamed the noise quite a bit, not stock quiet but much better.

Thank to all in this community for sharing your tips and experiences to help my process go smooth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3BEABE21-2649-4845-8ECC-A7520D3B7577.jpg (147.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BE9E0BD4-AEC2-4EF8-8AEB-FD44B4CE8011.jpg (212.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1D01FFE8-2C72-44B1-9E8B-706B2F3E3AFD.jpg (172.6 KB, 0 views)
Bay Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: CC Carryall conversion with exhaust job

You did a GREAT job ��
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #3
Bay Devil
Not Yet Wild

Thank you.
Bay Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:18 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I would add a front of the muffler mount and nord locks to the header bolts. The single cylinder clones tend to vibrate the exhaust system so whatever you can do to support it is a plus.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!