lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default roof supports /windshield

I have a 1999 DS. I have noticed on some models there are supports for the roof that come off of the front posts and mount to the top of the dash (as pictured)

My question is - are these available for purchase anywhere? and will they be an issue if I decide to put a windshield on my cart? I have the extra long roof and it could definitely benefit from extra support.

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supports.jpg (99.2 KB, 0 views)
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: roof supports /windshield

I don't believe they are available for purchase anywhere, but I could be wrong. If you can't buy them it would be a good idea to make some out of some pieces of steel or something, especially if you're adding a windshield.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I don't believe they are available for purchase anywhere, but I could be wrong. If you can't buy them it would be a good idea to make some out of some pieces of steel or something, especially if you're adding a windshield.
Yeah I'll probably try to find some flat stock aluminum if I have to

https://diygolfcart.com/club-car-ds-...SABEgJwR_D_BwE

this is all i've come up with... It kinda looks like what I need?

windshields just mount around the roof supports right? with some kind of rubber trim piece ? I am assuming if I put a windshield on I can just trim the piece where these extra brackets meet the supports
Old 05-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The newer models DS they redesigned the roof supports and deleted those pieces, which is why you probably see many of them with and without. The newer roof is also "curvier" as where the old roof like yours is "blockier". The extra little supports on the older style do make a big difference in how much the roof flexes over bumps and stuff though.

https://www.golfcartking.com/club-ca...999-and-prior/
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
The newer models DS they redesigned the roof supports and deleted those pieces, which is why you probably see many of them with and without. The newer roof is also "curvier" as where the old roof like yours is "blockier". The extra little supports on the older style do make a big difference in how much the roof flexes over bumps and stuff though.

https://www.golfcartking.com/club-ca...999-and-prior/
Cool looks like the kit I posted. I think I'm going to put them on, this roof structure really moves and has been repaired once.

I was worried about how it will affect mounting a windshield if I do though...
Old 05-22-2019, 12:34 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
Cool looks like the kit I posted. I think I'm going to put them on, this roof structure really moves and has been repaired once.

I was worried about how it will affect mounting a windshield if I do though...
I have a windshield for mine I occasionally install with my weather cover to keep the front windshield of the weather cover from blowing in. The rest of the time I leave the windshield off, it slows the cart down too much with the wind drag, and you don't get the breeze from it so it gets hot too. But those supports don't get in the way of the windshield mounting clippy things anyway, so not a big deal.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #7
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I have a windshield for mine I occasionally install with my weather cover to keep the front windshield of the weather cover from blowing in. The rest of the time I leave the windshield off, it slows the cart down too much with the wind drag, and you don't get the breeze from it so it gets hot too. But those supports don't get in the way of the windshield mounting clippy things anyway, so not a big deal.
Do you have a fold down windshield? I feel like you would get a breeze with it folded down a little bit or not?

I want one for the rain and bugs, seems like those are my biggest issues
Old 05-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It's just a half windshield, but still makes a big difference. I prefer no windshield, but i don't do much "open road" driving either. The occasional joy ride, but mostly running around my property, taking the trash down, or to get the mail at the end of the dirt road.

I bought a $50 enclosure on Amazon for rain and when it's cold in the winter. Excellent investment! The only time I put the half windshield on is when I have the enclosure on, and as said, it's just to keep the vinyl windshield that's part of the enclosure from blowing in, gives it a little support.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:35 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I have a fold down windshield, and the brackets don't interfere with it at all!

024.JPG
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #10
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
I have a fold down windshield, and the brackets don't interfere with it at all!

Attachment 186600
thanks for the info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car