lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Ezgo pot box

I got a question on adjustment of the pot box?

I know setting it at 0-5k is the limits but how do you get the touchness adjusted out of it?
This may be a voltage issue as well running 72 volts I don't know. The pot is set at 0-5.40 at full throttle with a digital meter. The problem is on starting off, it's jerky. Real jerky. The ramp up is smooth as far as the meter is concerned but it jerks if you try being easy on it.

I guess the TXT throttle response has ruined me!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo pot box

I think that's an adjustment you need to make in your controller granted the pot is a smooth 0 to 5K resistance when pressing the go pedal.

What controller are you using?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Ezgo pot box

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
I think that's an adjustment you need to make in your controller granted the pot is a smooth 0 to 5K resistance when pressing the go pedal.

What controller are you using?
That very well could be, I'm using a older controller no adjustments. This was the controller out of the old dragster cart from several years ago. I may have to get a newer controller that I can adjust. Looks like a newer alltrax is going to be in my future but for now I'll use it.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

What NCPW said.

Even that controller should have a few dials on it somewhere that can slow down or speed up the acceleration. Can you tell the make and model?
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:25 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
What NCPW said.

Even that controller should have a few dials on it somewhere that can slow down or speed up the acceleration. Can you tell the make and model?
Believe me there are no buttons are knobs.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

One thing that can cause a lurch at start up is having too high of a throttle signal when the solenoid closes. Make sure the solenoid latches well in advance of the signal going up even if that means setting the bottom value real low... and yeah the ITS is about the best.

If you do decide to get a new SR controller the adjustments it offers can fix almost any throttle signal problem.

PS. Make sure the Pot is completely dry inside.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
One thing that can cause a lurch at start up is having too high of a throttle signal when the solenoid closes. Make sure the solenoid latches well in advance of the signal going up even if that means setting the bottom value real low... and yeah the ITS is about the best.

If you do decide to get a new SR controller the adjustments it offers can fix almost any throttle signal problem.

PS. Make sure the Pot is completely dry inside.
Thanks, Pot is dry. I have it wired so the solenoid closes as soon as the key is turned on. Then when you press the gas pedal the pot micro switch closes. I turned it down as low as I thought it should go and still get 5k at wide open but I may have to settle for less top end until I hook up a ITS throttle and a new controller.
It's been so long since I really messed with a pot box I've forgotten what needs to be done.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I was told 4600 was as good as 5000 for full throttle with 5800 being about the max signal before the control would see no input.
If the pot is original a new one may fix all the problems... they can need replacing every 20-30 years
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #9
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

The pot was brand new when I installed it in the dragster and it didn't see much action like a normal cart. I'll live with it for now until I swap in a new Alltrax with ITS. I have the whole wiring system out of a series fleet cart along with the ITS box and and linkage to swap it in if I decide to.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!