lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2016, 06:10 AM   #1
johneich
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help on picking a new engine on a Yardsport GY6 Land Master

I bought a YS200 not running, got it running and it smokes a real lot, so I need a new engine. I find a lot of GY6 engines on ebay and Amazon for about $300.00. From what I can tell they have a long and a short version of the motor. They all come with a kick starter.

It is a rather generic engine, so my two questions:

1) Do I need the long or short engine? or another one I am not aware of?

2) Can I remove the kick lever and put my electric starter on any of them?

My Yamaha is down for a rebuild and I thought I could use this temporarily.
johneich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help on picking a new engine on a Yardsport GY6 Land Master

You ever do anything with this? You can get a lot of stuff for GY6 if you dig around at scooter places. Some engines you can get big bore kits even. I would replace one with a 15hp clone but it may be better to fix the GY6 considering the clutching and mounting of it in a cart. One would have to look closely at it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!