lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

Default disc brakes ezgo txt

I wanna see some pics and info in disc brakes for the ezgo txt . I have a 2004 ezgo txt with the spindle lift in the front and the blocks in the back I wanna see what it will take to put disc brakes on all four corners on my cart thanks
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #2
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

Default Re: disc brakes ezgo txt

nobody with an ezgo with disc brakes willing to show pics of theirs brakes .
Old 05-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Are you looking for pics of front or rear or both? Are you looking for Jake's or Ausco's mechanical? I ask because I have the Jake's hydraulic brakes on the front of my EZ-GO and I just left the stock drum brakes on the rear. This set up stops my cart just fine in the very hilly terrain of SW Pa.. So, if you just want some pics of my front Jakes, I'll take a few and post 'em for you. But if your looking for the other brand, I can't help you out with that one. Lemme know.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

im just looking for pic of either ones front rear or both . don't care about brand either . how hard are they to put on . did u have to send in your spindles in .
Old 05-07-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well, first off....I'm disabled...so I pretty much have to have anything that is physically rigorous done by someone else. Now, that being said, the original Jakes is located about 2.5 hours away from where I live in Pa. So, when I purchased my cart some 7 years ago, I just made an appointment, tossed the cart on the trailer and took it up there. They did the install. Now, my front lift kit is not a spindle version because my cart is built for hunting...and the spindle version does not bode well against big trees or big rocks. So, during the install my .....not sure if I will get the correct term here.... my hub link...the part where the tie rod end connects onto, had to be cut and re-welded so the brake disc would clear. It didn't take those guys long to do the job. Also, my front lift kit was NOT a Jakes.

Give me some time and I'll post up a pic.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

i have the spindle lift and i don't have a problem i have 27" tires on my cart . i like the spindle lift better and the drop axle cause it clears more then the drop axle
Old 05-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #7
Drrhein
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's a pic of Auscos I got from Scotty a few years back. Easy to put on and nothing had to be sent in. I go up and down some very steep hills and they outperform drums in every way. They squeaked a bit at first but some dry lube on the slide pins cured that and they haven't made a sound since.

Dennis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brakes.jpg (116.1 KB, 0 views)
Drrhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:18 PM   #8
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Helped install a Jake's front disc kit on my sister's EZGO last month. Aside from having to fashion a guide sleeve to keep the brake plunger from deflecting, the install was easy. If you do not have Jake's front spindles already, you will need them. That is where the caliper brackets attach. Made a huge difference in stopping ability in the hills.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #9
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Wheels ca 4 wheel discs on my '07 PDS cart. Pretty simple install. Instructions are bad unless they've updated since I did mine. Giant pain in the rear to bleed but awesome once they are working right. You do have to send in your spindles to be modified.

Front...

Rear....

Master cyl. res...

Master cyl...

TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #10
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

sweet nice set up on ur ride . where did u get them from . do u have a picture of just the spindles before you put them on
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO