lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
dirtmanmartin
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 84 CC clutch to clutch measurement?

84 CC KF82 - 341CC flathead. Does anyone know what the measurement should be between the drive clutch shaft and the driven clutch shaft on this CC? Cannot find it online or in my manual. It seems it has way too much slack in the belt to me. Adjustment would be loosening engine mount bolts and moving forward I assume? Thanks.
dirtmanmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 84 CC clutch to clutch measurement?

I read here that it's 9.625" on a '91 cart. What type of clutches do you have? The old stock Salsbury or the '88-up style? I would imagine the center-to-center distances should be the same on either but I could be wrong.

And yes you can adjust the belt tension by loosening the bolts and moving the motor.

Is this what your drive clutch looks like? This is the old Salsbury drive clutch Club Car used from 1984-1987.5

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
bigkid
Getting Wild

Club Car

Look down about 12 posts.
bigkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
dirtmanmartin
Getting Wild

Club Car

This is what I have. 1984

dirtmanmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Does your belt line up straight when you look down on it? That drive clutch is the '88-up style and your driven clutch looks like the old '84-'87 style. There's a slight mismatch in belt positioning between '84-'87 and '88-up styles. The clutch pic I posted above was off an '86 cart motor but I couldn't use it because it wouldn't line up with my driven clutch (my cart has the '88-up drive/driven clutches). I took that clutch off and put the newer one on.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. This was my '86 drive clutch mismatched to my '88-up driven clutch when I first put the motor in. If your clutches are mismatched than the cockeyed belt could be your problem on hills.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtmanmartin View Post
84 CC KF82 - 341CC flathead. Does anyone know what the measurement should be between the drive clutch shaft and the driven clutch shaft on this CC? Cannot find it online or in my manual. It seems it has way too much slack in the belt to me. Adjustment would be loosening engine mount bolts and moving forward I assume? Thanks.
A clutch alignment tool will help you. they arent too much and worth it.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car