lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
archiejay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2003 Club Car

Thanks to all for the info on this site, it's been some good reading. Just to let you know, I'm looking to get a cart for the family and I to putt around the camp ground. It's the wife and I and our two girls, so what ever I buy will need to be eventually a 4 seater. I've kept an eye on some carts and think I've got a possible good deal if it works out; 2003 DS, with new batteries this spring for $1600 +tax. It's totally stock, so it'll need to be cleaned up, but everything seems to be in good working order. Hopefully the deal works out. Either way I plan to get one soon and will stick around the boards to learn.

Archie
archiejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiejay View Post
Thanks to all for the info on this site, it's been some good reading. Just to let you know, I'm looking to get a cart for the family and I to putt around the camp ground. It's the wife and I and our two girls, so what ever I buy will need to be eventually a 4 seater. I've kept an eye on some carts and think I've got a possible good deal if it works out; 2003 DS, with new batteries this spring for $1600 +tax. It's totally stock, so it'll need to be cleaned up, but everything seems to be in good working order. Hopefully the deal works out. Either way I plan to get one soon and will stick around the boards to learn.

Archie
..............welcome.................... ........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
archiejay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had to try at $1600.00 right, but it looks like they are firm at $1800.00. I think it still seems to be a good deal for a cart with new batteries. Any opinions on this before I pull the trigger?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Batteries and charger alone are worth around 800 bux...I would say go for it...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
archiejay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I bought it, it's an "AQ" so my understanding is it is an "IQ". I'll be upgrading the cables first. Ideally I would like it to go around 20mph, that would lots for this cart. The batteries have "G2" on the them, so I don't even think they are totally broken in yet. The fun begins.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
I bought it, it's an "AQ" so my understanding is it is an "IQ". I'll be upgrading the cables first. Ideally I would like it to go around 20mph, that would lots for this cart. The batteries have "G2" on the them, so I don't even think they are totally broken in yet. The fun begins.
Yes it's an IQ. If you upgrade to speed code 4, you will go about 20. Mine is on 4 and it is plenty fast. You can do this for about $100 at a dealer and you won't have to change anything else.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
archiejay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I like the sound of that. Would the magnet trick work here as well? Or is it a smarter way to go with the speed code? Now I just need the wife to get off long enough for me to work on it, haha. I guess I better look for a local dealer.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
I like the sound of that. Would the magnet trick work here as well? Or is it a smarter way to go with the speed code? Now I just need the wife to get off long enough for me to work on it, haha. I guess I better look for a local dealer.
Yes the magnets would work too, but the speedylinks are $130, so I would just do the upgrade to 4 for $100. Also the upgrade is what is club car certified.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
archiejay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The cart works pretty good, but when you try and feather the go pedal it's a bit spotty. I will try and clean all the connections, is there anything else I should look at or consider changing?
Old 08-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
The cart works pretty good, but when you try and feather the go pedal it's a bit spotty. I will try and clean all the connections, is there anything else I should look at or consider changing?
It could possibly be the MCOR, which is under the go pedal under the cart. It may be going out. I know you can test these, but I am not sure how.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car