lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default How many Leaf cells will fit in a DS?

I have an older model ds (1994) that i have converted from 36v resistor to 48v solid state with one of scotty's conversion kits. FLA batts five years old and losing steam. I've been shopping for lithium, assuming I need 14 to match the run time of the 8 six volt FLA batts I already have. However, it hit me that I may not be able to fit 14 in there, as the only DS conversions I have seen on here have 7 modules, not 14. Thanks!
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: How many Leaf cells will fit in a DS?

I would try to get 14 in there even if you have to split the pack into two sections. If you had 8 x 6V in there the volume of a 14 module pack is less than half what you have now for batteries. My 14 module pack weighs 110 pounds total. I have a Yamaha cart so I can't tell you how they will fit but I'm sure that they can be made to fit.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:33 PM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How many Leaf cells will fit in a DS?

Here is a thread that might help you out:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...batteries.html

Post #19 and #25 has some detailed information with measurements.

I have a 14 module leaf battery pack and was able to fit it in my 92 DS. No problem fitting it under the seat. However, my cart was originally built as a gas cart. The frame rails on gas carts are further apart than on the electric frames. Not sure if they have any other differences. I was able to fit the pack between the frame rails on mine, but not sure if you would be able to do the same on an electric cart.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car