lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
wildchild27
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default bow season

deer season started here in North Carolina Saturday. been leasing a piece of property for a few years just for the kids to bow hunt and fish on. went to hang there stands Friday and low and behold there where a group of people there fishing the pond after they done road around through all of the food plots that was planted. talking about the blood boiling, i just bit my tongue because i had both kids with me. after hanging stand, i decided to walk to the pond that they were fishing. i just couldn't hold back anymore after i seen they was keeping everything that they caught. i have been stocking this pond with crappie for the kids. i told them to finish out there day and don't come back. they to told me that the land owner gave them permission. i told them that since i have a farming, hunting, and fishing lease on this property, I'm considered the land owner. and i don't recall giving anyone permission to be here. at least i let them finish out there day.
hunted the property all day Saturday, didn't see anything but turkey and squirrels. maybe just a bad day or to much traffic the previous day. since i have been seeing deer there all the time, I'm leaning more toward the traffic.
wildchild27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: bow season

That sucks. The same thing happened to me about 3 years ago but the people were coming in hunting, not fishing. I warned them and they just kept coming back. So after about 3 weeks I became the proud owner to two climbing stands and one ladder stand that they moved in on the property....

Haven't seen them since.
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphillip View Post
That sucks. The same thing happened to me about 3 years ago but the people were coming in hunting, not fishing. I warned them and they just kept coming back. So after about 3 weeks I became the proud owner to two climbing stands and one ladder stand that they moved in on the property....

Haven't seen them since.
That takes a lot of guts, or a lot of stupid, to do that on someone elses place and then come back after being warned. I've had people come through, some by accident and some on purpose, bit never twice. My cousin had a road poacher shoot a deer right in front of the stand he was in. When they came in to retrieve it he pinned them down with rifle fire and called the sheriff!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
mikeshotrodshop
Gone Wild

We started the 12th here in NJ. I broke my brand new Horton Vision string when I pulled the trigger on a BIG doe (120+) that was less than 30' in front of me. I went home very annoyed and dropped a 90lb doe Sunday at last light.
mikeshotrodshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My season starts tomorrow here in IL!!!!! Cant Wait any longer
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
bnall05
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Our season is 11 days old. Only seen does and fawns so far. getting close to getting alittle freezer meat. Beans and corn still out and finding only a few acorns.
bnall05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing