lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2020, 01:21 PM   #21
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1984 Ezgo Marathon 2 cycle gas(questions new owner)

Here's pics that'll give you an idea of the muffler and pipe, it also shows how the choke cable is ran on mine. Since you don't have the choke cable mounting flange between the manifold and carb maybe you can just tie wrap or tape the cable to something, it's a bit of a cobble but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And don't tell anyone lol ......

I doubt you'll be able to find the pipe. But once you get the muffler on take it to a muffler shop, they should be able to make a pipe.....

Thanks for the pics of where the fuel gauge sensor is mounted on the tank, I was worried about it being flat enough to get a good seal on the plate. Very helpful
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170726_111003.jpg (251.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170509_105940.jpg (206.6 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #22
Rick in Ohio
Not Yet Wild

I just Got a 2021 gas... nice cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29C8AD97-4715-467F-B1E7-0B40AA7ED639.jpg (11.7 KB, 0 views)
Rick in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #23
Jomdlcrs
Not Yet Wild

Ok so as it stands I don't have a compression tester I will have one tommorow.But I did put my thumb over the spark plug hole and there is compression not that it is a tell all but made me feel a little better. I also checked the piston there are no visible cracks or holes that I could see from the exhaust port view. I still can't get it to start will the exhaust not being hooked up keep it from starting I am ordering a muffler but it wont be here until next week then I will also need to have a pipe made to connect it to the motor. Are there some other things I can try to get it to run.It does seem a little more sluggish to start if its in reverse but im guessing that could be caused by piston wear. Any help is greatly appreciated I can't wait to have this for me and the family to ride.
Jomdlcrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #24
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Hit it with a little spray of starter fluid. It should at least try.
If it doesn't, remove the fuel pump, and put your finger over the mount hole while cranking it over. You will be checking to see if it pulses air from the hole.
If it doesn't, we will introduce you to the world of removing the engine, and replacing crankshaft seals.

Don't break the thick plastic isolator under the pump. Don't rip the gasket.

We still need to know what the compression is.

Is there any chance of going back to the guy that lied to about the cart running, and getting the missing parts?
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:20 PM   #25
Jomdlcrs
Not Yet Wild

I can see if he has anymore parts he bought it a couple of years ago and I don't know if he even knew there were missing parts. I will check though that was on my list of things to do next. I will find out what the compression is tomorrow I am hoping this is something simple but its not seem like that will be my luck lol. I will try to check the fuel pump also i have to pick up some starter fluid i was hesitant to try that i heard it can hurt the motor but i will try it later or tom. Thanks again.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:56 PM   #26
Jomdlcrs
Not Yet Wild

I finally got the cart running with help from my dad and some starting fluid. I did check the compression in both directions 80 was the highest forward and 100 wS the highest in reverse. The cart does start right up after we raised the vent tube up. But now my question is do I adjust the drum brakes so it stops or buy new ones and I have fuel coming out of my vent hose for the carb is this normal or does it need redirected in some way. What are some other things I need to check before I call it good im hopine the muffler shows up tom so I can get the pipe made up rather quick so I can actually run it. Is there a way I can run it without it or with a different muffler? Thanks for all the help everybody I'm sure t I is wont be the last of my questions for you fellas.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #27
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You need the right muffler for the correct amount of back pressure. I would remove the carburetor for a good cleaning. The float valve might be sticking open.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #28
Jomdlcrs
Not Yet Wild

I dropped the cart off at a local garage(family friend) shop hoping to have it back sometime this weekend as he's doing me a favor so can't ask to rush it to much lol. I also ordered new brake pads for it. It is really nice to have it come to life thanks again everyone for the help and suggestions like I said before I will have alot more questions im sure and I'll be sure to post pictures of the progress and transformation its going to undergo over the winter months. We plan to take it camping with us as long as the campgrounds allow.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:12 AM   #29
Jomdlcrs
Not Yet Wild

Here's an update. Picked the cart up yesterday new exhaust on sounds good. The question I have is does the starter generator recharge the battery or do I need to install a separate charger like a trickle charger.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:36 AM   #30
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

It charges the battery.

Tags
1984, ezgo, gas, technical problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO