lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
Rcode
Not Yet Wild

Default 1st cart, looking @ 2021 L6 Elite, Pros & Cons?

Hey all,
I'm looking at buying a new 2021 EZGO Express L6 Elite. I've looked at other brands (Club Car, Yamaha, citEcar, etc.) but EZGO seems tough to beat. Here are my main questions...

1) I plan to contact Bob Boyce and see if he can turn it up some. What's the speed limitations on the new 4.0 Lithium carts? Has anyone had one turned up? Would like a top speed of 30-35mph.

2) Any reason to go to the 72 volt lead acid over Lithium?

3) I'm planning to use this:
> at the dragstrip and may need to push/pull the car
> pulling a small trailer around the property for brush removal
With this cart handle the job?

4) What's a good price for a Lithium L6 4.0 with premium seats,
hitch, flip down windshield, led lights, glove box kit, 82" roof
and turn signals?

Let me know if my expectations are to high.

Thanks in advance for all of your input,
Keith
Huntsville, AL
Rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
wcesq
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st cart, looking @ 2021 L6 Elite, Pros & Cons?

1. I have a 2020 EZGO Express L6 Elite, had it tuned by Boyce, now it does 25/32 (turtle /rabbit)

2. the selling point for me was zero maintenance and 8 year warranty; some others like 72v for other technical reasons you could probably find on the board here

3. I can't answer that as have not done any of that with my cart

4. I looked forever to get a good deal on a 2020 EZGO lithium, those prices were a tad higher than the 72v, and with all those the prices I saw in Florida (and actually looked out of state) were not less than 13-15k [with tax, delivery etc etc), not saying you couldn't find a better deal, this is just what I was seeing and where I ended up after a lengthy search

hope it helps
wcesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:35 PM   #3
Rcode
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice wcesq. I'll probably go ahead and take them a down payment to get it ordered next week.

Keith
Rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

If you intend to tow with it, you do NOT want the lithium version! It is already underpowered. In the voltage of the pack, 51.1V nominal vs 72V nominal. In the current limit of the BMS, 300 Amp BMS limit in the lithium pack version vs 350 Amp controller limit in the lead/acid version. And you can order the 500 Amp controller version as an option in lead/acid. For normal driving, the lithium pack is marginally OK. I know how to make it better and faster, but I do not recommend it to be used for towing. At All! The 72V lead/acid pack version is better suited for that.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
Samsfl
Not Yet Wild

Hi everyone,
I am new here, never been in any Forms before.
I am about to order a new 2021 EZGO Express L6 Elite 3.0 .
I have couple of questions if you guys can help .

1 on a full charge how long / distance I can use the cart before I the battery is empty??
2 I will be using The cart to drive family in the neighborhood and our neighborhood is about 5 miles of a ride , how many neighborhood rides I can do before I need to charge it ?
3 the dealer told me that once he gets the carts in he will increase the speed from 16 ( Advertised ) to 20-21 miles per hour, should I not let him do it if I wanted in the near future to increase the speed to 25-30 ?
4. The 3.0 is 90amh and the 4.0 is 120amh and there is a $1000 dollar difference in the price, should I get the 4.0 , is it a big difference ?
Thanks for taking the time to look at my questions
Samsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:17 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsfl View Post
Hi everyone,
I am new here, never been in any Forms before.
I am about to order a new 2021 EZGO Express L6 Elite 3.0 .
I have couple of questions if you guys can help .

1 on a full charge how long / distance I can use the cart before I the battery is empty??
2 I will be using The cart to drive family in the neighborhood and our neighborhood is about 5 miles of a ride , how many neighborhood rides I can do before I need to charge it ?
3 the dealer told me that once he gets the carts in he will increase the speed from 16 ( Advertised ) to 20-21 miles per hour, should I not let him do it if I wanted in the near future to increase the speed to 25-30 ?
4. The 3.0 is 90amh and the 4.0 is 120amh and there is a $1000 dollar difference in the price, should I get the 4.0 , is it a big difference ?
Thanks for taking the time to look at my questions
Do NOT let the dealer do ANYTHING to the controller. All a dealer can do is corrupt the controller, which will damage the controller in short order.

Bob
Old 08-24-2020, 06:52 AM   #7
Samsfl
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much Bob for answering:-)
I will not let the dealer do anything to the controller.
I will be back in touch with you when I receive the new golf cart .
Thanks again
Samsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:56 PM   #8
JAS33
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 1st cart, looking @ 2021 L6 Elite, Pros & Cons?

Hey all. I'm in the same boat at SAMSFL. Just want to cruise around our neighborhood with our kids. We have hill though and the 2021 Lithium ELITE L6 just doesn't have much power to it. I can get up and down the hills but feels like we are maxing out at 15 mph. I needed the 6 seater because we have a bunch of kids.

BobBoyce, you ever make your way down to Charlotte? We are 20 mins south of there.
JAS33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS33 View Post
Hey all. I'm in the same boat at SAMSFL. Just want to cruise around our neighborhood with our kids. We have hill though and the 2021 Lithium ELITE L6 just doesn't have much power to it. I can get up and down the hills but feels like we are maxing out at 15 mph. I needed the 6 seater because we have a bunch of kids.

BobBoyce, you ever make your way down to Charlotte? We are 20 mins south of there.
Yes I do, will be doing the trip very soon.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:55 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I hate to ask, but is the "controller wrecker" secret mod on the rise? I have yet to see it. Just a plague that sells lots of green controllers? I can offer about zero support on those (and I dont want to). Green controllers get their support from them (your "discount dealer" where you got the best deal). And I see them as a "good luck" situation. Sorry, but "I'm glad you saved all that money" by avoiding the "dealer". As far as it goes today, I've not much interest in figuring out "green controller" problems. Just call "navitas". They "solved all the problems", and made a sweet App for that

I wouldn't waste my time/money, unless I was broke & had no options. Some people "just love them", diagnostics is a different story. Then the "love" is less noticable. The "let's figure it out" isnt exactly the same, and the redialy available stuff may not check out the same.

Save that money, and know support wont be the same. When your screwed, your screwed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, cons, ezgo, lithium, pros
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO