lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2019, 08:23 AM   #1
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 10
Default RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

I am trying to determine if my Curtis controller is an early or late 2012 manufacture. I have a 2012 RXV and the controller label reads:
Date Code 12034P
Voltage 48V
Current 235A
Model 1206AC-5201
S/W 12

I have checked the Curtis site and had no success.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 10-30-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,783
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1166 View Post
I am trying to determine if my Curtis controller is an early or late 2012 manufacture. I have a 2012 RXV and the controller label reads:
Date Code 12034P
Voltage 48V
Current 235A
Model 1206AC-5201
S/W 12

I have checked the Curtis site and had no success.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
12034 means the year of manufacture is 2012, and day of manufacture is the 34th day in that year.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:03 AM   #3
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 10
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

Thank you Mr. Boyce.

Is this controller one of those that you would be able to modify? I thought I read that the early 2012 units were not able to modify the programming. Although I have been reading so much on the topic I might be confused.
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Indiana & SW Florida
Posts: 2,179
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

Is your heat shield silver or black. Above the controller there is a plastic black cover right next to it is a metal heat shield.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,783
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1166 View Post
Thank you Mr. Boyce.

Is this controller one of those that you would be able to modify? I thought I read that the early 2012 units were not able to modify the programming. Although I have been reading so much on the topic I might be confused.
It is an early Curtis RXV controller, so yes it is reprogrammable. The Danaher controllers used in RXVs manufactured prior to feb 23rd of 2012 are the ones that are not desired. Curtis controllers supplied in the 2020 RXVs are also not desired, if you wish to retain the new cart factory warranty.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:45 AM   #6
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 10
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Is your heat shield silver or black. Above the controller there is a plastic black cover right next to it is a metal heat shield.
I will double-check in a while. I am not with the cart right now. Thanks for the help.
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 10
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It is an early Curtis RXV controller, so yes it is reprogrammable. The Danaher controllers used in RXVs manufactured prior to feb 23rd of 2012 are the ones that are not desired. Curtis controllers supplied in the 2020 RXVs are also not desired, if you wish to retain the new cart factory warranty.

Bob
I would like to send the controller to you for modification, if you are still offering that option. I need to get some more posts before I am able to PM.

Thanks, Tim
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:50 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,783
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1166 View Post
I would like to send the controller to you for modification, if you are still offering that option. I need to get some more posts before I am able to PM.

Thanks, Tim
You are able to PM now. usgicollector can send you the instructions.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #9
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 10
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

I just saw this. Thanks
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:48 PM   #10
relcead
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 66
Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller date code decipher

Quote:
Curtis controllers supplied in the 2020 RXVs are also not desired
Can you be a little more specific why?
If the whole cart is present can the new one 2020 be programed like the 2019 model?
relcead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
date code decipher Test Post
Ezgo LSV Curtis SepEx controller , 1st code 24, now gone, only code 34 now. Electric EZGO
Curtis Controller '02 DS IQ w/speed code 4 Golf Carts and Parts
For Sale Stock Precedent IQ Curtis Controller (speed code 4)and Solenoid Golf Carts and Parts
curtis controller fault code Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.