lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #41
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing a Walkaway harness on EZGO Curtis 1268 Controller.

There is really no "stock settings" for that Controller as everything is configurable and could have been modified.

The settings I mentioned are specific to your cart like "tire diameter" and the stock final ratio is 12.44 for EzGo and 12.315 for Club Car, just enter those in that formula.

The number of Tacho Poles is 8 for stock motors.

The M1/M2 (mode 1/Mode 2) speed is whatever you want like 20mph.

Go through all of the settings mentioned in the manual, there is an explanation for each of them and what they mean.

If You want an easy to program Controller an Alltrax Controller is a better choice.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2020, 04:05 PM   #42
itsmedjchuckd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I switched all the settings, is it bad to run the “rpm to speed” at a lower level? It was turned up to 255 and I brought it down to 70 I think and it’s running really good. Tacho poles set back to 8. When the rpms were set really high it was doing the jittery thing, turned the rpms down lower. Seems to be running the best it has been since the new controller I put in. I just don’t wanna over heat the motor or blow it up.
itsmedjchuckd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #43
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The rpm to speed is how the controller interprets speed based on pulses from the speed sensor. I am a little surprised it runs full speed at 70.

More information

RPM TO SPEED
The rpm to speed parameter is a conversion factor used to generate a vehicle speed estimate from the speed sensor input (motor RPM signal). Use these equations to calculate the value to enter for RPM TO SPEED:

For English units (mph):

tire diameter (inches)/gear ratio x 63

For metric units (km/h):

tire diameter (cm)/gear ratio x 40

Tacho Poles

The tachometer poles parameter configures the speed sensor, and should be set to the number of magnetic poles in the speed sensor magnet. TACHO POLES is adjustable from 4 to 20; see speed sensor description (page 14) for information about sensor types.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #44
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

How did You come up with 70?

It is supposed to be the Tire diameter and not the wheel/rim diameter.

If You are going to enter the speed in mph, according to the link I posted to the manual the rpm-to-speed conversion factor formula would be:
conversion factor = (tire diameter (inches) / gear ratio) × 63

conversion factor = (18 / 12.44) x 63 = 92

If Your tire diameter is bigger than stock "nominal" 18" or if you have a different transaxle ratio enter the values in the formula.

Notice I said "nominal" for the 18" tire as they can vary depending on many factors.

The best way to get an accurate mounted tire diameter is to measure it by marking the tire and the floor with chalk or a piece of tape, then roll the cart forward until the tire mark is on the bottom again and mark the floor.

The distance (in inches) between the two marks on the floor is the "circumference" of the tire.

Divide that number by Pi (3.1415) to get the tire diameter in inches.

If You have the room it is better to rotate the tire at least two full revolutions and divide by two (or by the number of revolutions you turned the tire) so You can "average" any errors in the measurement.

Stock carts are designed to safely go 20mph so that is not pushing the capabilities of the motor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #45
itsmedjchuckd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did the math and it came out to 101. I will adjust. Thank you so much for your help! It really means a lot!
itsmedjchuckd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1268, controller, curtis, ezgo, walkaway
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO