lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
eric4clubcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default golf cart batteries

Does Anyone Recomennd A Good Place To Purchase Cart Batteries Reasonable..??????
eric4clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
dustin309685
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: golf cart batteries

Sam's is supposed to have a good deal on them... Try, but remember that the battery is the key to your system running correctly... So make sure you get quality along with a good deal.

Dustin
dustin309685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
eric4clubcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

good idea!!..thanks
Old 10-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I'm not sure about sams as I have never bought any from them. If you have the cash buy a good set. It has been proven time and time again that good, well maintained golf cart batteries will outlast anything else.

As an example: 6 years
If you buy refurb's for $60 a piece and you have to replace them in 3 years it will cost you more money in the long run.Thats $720 over a 6 year period. If you buy a good set at $100 a piece and maintain them right it's only $600. If you maintain any of them right they will last longer.

Some people think 12 volt batteries are cheaper but they are sadly mistaken. They only look at the NOW and not the LATER. The cost around $70 or more per, (depends) thats $210......and they probly won't last a year...maybe a year and a half (mainly depends on useage.) and the run time is severely decreased. So thats $420 every 3 years, $840 every 6 years. Not to mention the hassle of changing them out. Don't get me wrong, they have there place. We run nine 12 volt SLA's...but it stays hooked to the charger more than driving.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I purchased a set of 48 volt from sams and didn't have any luck with them( could have been my fault thou). I purchased the battery's in Feb 08 the cart was charged and used several times from Feb to April and then sat till end of August.I thought the cart was sluggish and weak with the new batterys but had never rode the cart so was unsure. I went to charge and use cart in Aug and all battery's were dead, voltage showed less than 3 volts out of 48. I charged each battery and never got them over 4 volts each and the next day they were down to 1 or less volts. I replaced the battery's with some 06 US batt than had not been charged in several months and the cart ran twice as fast and had more power than the new sam's batts.maybe it was just my experiance but I will not buy sams batts again. I may have gotten a bad battery new. They do have a 1 year warranty but the pro rate of them I do feel is worth taking back. I will only purchase trojans from now on.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
eric4clubcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks For The Advice, You Helped Me Make My Decision...
Old 10-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Correction on my above statement: I feel the pro rate of time left for warranty of the batteries is not worth returning and having to put out 1/2 or more money of the original price to get them warranted.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have had nothing but horror stories with sam,s batts, i work on lots of elec. carts and this season alone 3 sets of sam,s batteries never made 18 months 1 set never made a year and 1 set just made 1 week shy of a year........lots of sets never made 3 years............when my customers need batteries and they say i,ll get them at sams i have them sign a waiver that i am in no way responsible for any battery related problems............all i will do for them is install them...........now to be fair some of the problems are the owners fault they think they can put batteries in the cart and than forget it but it dosn,t work that way.......even with really good maintence i have never seen a set get past 5 years while other name brand batteries with good maintence get 8 years up to 13 years and i have one set if they make it till march will be 14 years old..............not bad.......again its not always the battery its also a lack of care for them......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #9
eric4clubcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

what brannd do you suggest?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #10
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Trojan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts