lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
georgeorwell
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 starting to come together

Hello All

Well the fun began when the owner of the camp ground knew I loved to fix stuff. So he told me that there was a abandoned Yamaha G1 in the back lot. So if I got it out of there in 24 hours it was mine. The body was junk over a half dozen real bad cracks and one that completely fell apart when I pulled of the hinge. But I did not give up(I should have). Fast forward two weeks and it now runs great. New coil, new crank seals, rebuilt carb, rewired every thing. Lifted 4", installed new shocks and new tires and rims on the way. I have finished body work paint is on I still have to clear coat it. I'm done welding and making custom bench seats for front and rear but not done painting frame for rear seat but it flips to make back deck. I will post pics of seat mods when I install them. I'm a sheet metal worker by trade so I also have bent up diamond plate kickers, back plate for body, the front floor will also be plated and a front skid plate after I remove all the front bumper. I've attached some photos tell me what you think and what else I should do to this gem.

Thanks
Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart before body.jpg (13.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart engine before.jpg (15.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart after.jpg (7.1 KB, 0 views)
georgeorwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
rrice6935
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 starting to come together

need more pics. would like to see your flip seat. looks good so far.
rrice6935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Sounds like you went to town on that cart, looking very nice! Interesting muffler too. More pics! It looks good, what a change and the price was right.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post
Hello All

Well the fun began when the owner of the camp ground knew I loved to fix stuff. So he told me that there was a abandoned Yamaha G1 in the back lot. So if I got it out of there in 24 hours it was mine. The body was junk over a half dozen real bad cracks and one that completely fell apart when I pulled of the hinge. But I did not give up(I should have). Fast forward two weeks and it now runs great. New coil, new crank seals, rebuilt carb, rewired every thing. Lifted 4", installed new shocks and new tires and rims on the way. I have finished body work paint is on I still have to clear coat it. I'm done welding and making custom bench seats for front and rear but not done painting frame for rear seat but it flips to make back deck. I will post pics of seat mods when I install them. I'm a sheet metal worker by trade so I also have bent up diamond plate kickers, back plate for body, the front floor will also be plated and a front skid plate after I remove all the front bumper. I've attached some photos tell me what you think and what else I should do to this gem.

Thanks
Eric
Hey George I talked to your boss and he said they want it back..selling it to me for $1.. but actually looking good, post some more pics
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts