lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Weehone
Not Yet Wild

Default New Trojans don't seem to pull the plum quick motor

I'm not sure what to do next I believe My cart is a 1997 ezgo it has a forward reverse lever under the seat and has a run / tow maintenance swith I just put 4 gauge wires on all batteries also to controller new Trojan t605 batteries and new plum quick motor but it seems to have fell off power wise it starts out like a bat out of hell but planes off quick and feels like a stock cart and seems to even struggle a Lil bit am I missing something
Weehone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Trojans don't seem to pull the plum quick motor

Welcome to BGW!

Sounds like you have a '97 DCS.

New batteries need to be broken in before they achieve their maximum storage capacity, so that might be a contributing factor.
Here is how to break then in. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html

T-605 only have 210AH and the stock batteries (T-105) have 225AH. That is a contributing factor.

A DCS carts had ten 6Ga high current cables and you have only upgraded seven of them to 4Ga. That is a contributing factor.

Are you running a stock controller?
What is the tire height?

---------
When properly set up, a DCS is a speedy cart with a lot of torque.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Weehone
Not Yet Wild

Yeah it's a stock controller I will get the rest of the wires today and the battery place talked me into those said it wouldn't make any power difference just die out about and hour early I feel dumb now
Old 07-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Weehone, don't worry about it....we ALL were cart newbee's at one time....I'm just glad we have a great forum to give us access to be able to educate us all.

oh and btw.....CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you use a 400 amp control and HD solenoid this cart should go about 20mph & exhibit some speed and torque getting there on the stock motor. See our controller pkg # 505.

Also call the battery shop and tell them your not happy with performance, & ask if you can exchange the batteries for T105. Most shops will oblige.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
Weehone
Not Yet Wild

Ok I just switched my batteries for the 105s trying to find the other three wires now trying to avoid the controller issue for now. But what controller should I get when we are ready?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You will need to upgrade the solenoid also.

Check out the 505DCS and 606DCS packages about halfway down this webpage:
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

Also, read the text at the top of that webpage. Lots of good info on upgrading the drive system.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO