lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
dr.jim.b
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 12 Volt Battery Comparison??

OK... there is a VERY GOOD STICKY THREAD entitled "Golf Cart Battery Comparison" authored by a traderrik fellow (or maybe
a woman?) about 2 years ago.

It provides quite a bit of data for both 6 Volt & 8 Volt Lead Acid Golf Cart Batteries made by several different manufacturers.

My question is: "How about 12 Volt batteries?"

How do the Trojan T-1275's compare to the equivalent Exide and/or USA Battery models? Has anyone done the research and if so...
would they like to post the data for the rest of us novices & newbies to scrutinize?

With the number of 48Volt carts running around out there that have the 4-12Volt configs; and with the in-depth analysis and comparison
that traderik did on the 6V & 8V models...

I am a little surprised to find the data on the 12 Volt models missing? or... maybe I missed something?

If anyone has done the research and has the data and would be willing to share it with the rest of us by posting it;
I'm pretty sure it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!
dr.jim.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Comparison??

Here's a few threads see if they help--

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-6-8-volt.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...omparison.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...omparison.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

One of reasons possibly is that there are NO 12 volt batterys shown is because Club Car has dumped them and gone back to 8 volt batterys. If a major company like Club Car has come out with factory conversion kits its obvious that 12 volt batterys are on the way out.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
dr.jim.b
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks! Rib33024,

those 2 links are exactly the ones I was referring to in my original post.

VERY THOROUGH & VERY INFORMATIVE in regard to BOTH 6 Volt and 8 Volt
Golf Cart Batteries....

BUT... neither of these address 12 Volt batteries at all (except for the table
at the bottom which indicates the fully-charged voltage numbers).

I am looking for someone who may have compared 12 Volt Golf Car Batteries
from Trojan vs. Exide vs. US Battery vs. Sam's Club vs. NAPA etc. etc

and who may be willing to share what they found out.

Thanks Again, Rib and Take Care!!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
dr.jim.b
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
One of reasons possibly is that there are NO 12 volt batterys shown is because Club Car has dumped them and gone back to 8 volt batterys. If a major company like Club Car has come out with factory conversion kits its obvious that 12 volt batterys are on the way out.
Thanks, Old Mec! and I hear you LOUD & CLEAR.

I've got an '05 CC Precedent which came with the house I bought in early '07. Its got 4 x 12 volt batteries which are 6 yrs old this month.
I am debating whether I want to spend the money to convert the 4x12V config over to a 6x8V system. the CC Dealer down in FL just quoted
me a price of $1974.17 to do the conversion and put 6 new 8 volt Trojan Batteries in it. They had told me earlier this year that I could NOT
convert to 6x8V's - However, after giving them the part# from a different thread I read about on this Forum, they changed their minds and
told me that they would gladly "do it for me" (or maybe I should say, "Do It TO Me." - Ha! Ha!).

In any event, I'm debating whether spending the 2 Grand is worth it... Maybe(?) I'll just buy the kit and do it myself and then get the batteries
from another source. I can get the (Trojan) batteries hundreds of $ cheaper from other sources than I can from the ClubCar Dealer.

This is WHY I am interested in the stats and costs on the 12Volt batteries. It may be better to just put 4 medium priced "Good" batteries
into the cart and then SELL IT before they wear out...???

Thanks Again!! (for your input)

jim b.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

As I understand from Tahoedawgz71 the kits cost would total $416.10 plus labor plus batterys. I dont know what they charge for batterys and labor in your area but it sounds high to me? I would check with Tahoedawg before dumping $2000. as he has been doing lots of conversions. If I was that dealer it sounds like he WOULD BE HAPPY TOO AT THAT PRICE?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car