lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #371
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

I finished the brake "swap and flip" the other night. Really cleaned up the under side. I utilized the extra shock mounting plates that came in my lift kit. I didn't worry about cutting the actual shock mounting locations off for now. I'm not running any shocks for now, hoping that will make for a better ride. It seems to have helped the suspension to be softer while it is sitting still anyway. If I decide later to put shocks back on, I'll just deal with it then...

IMG_1974.jpg
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #372
DaveTM
Gone Wild

BBBHC.....It looks like your running with only a one leaf leaf-spring? That's interesting as my current leaf springs are 4 leaf HD and post lithium ride like a rock. Yes....I still have shocks as I like the idea of "dampening" when I'm riding rough areas
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #373
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
BBBHC.....It looks like your running with only a one leaf leaf-spring? That's interesting as my current leaf springs are 4 leaf HD and post lithium ride like a rock. Yes....I still have shocks as I like the idea of "dampening" when I'm riding rough areas
Yeah, they are the single leaf springs. Just kept what the cart had when I got it. After reading through everyone's opinions on suspension before I started my build, figured I'd save the money for now.

As for running without shocks, figure it's free to try. Some others that use their carts for hunting and other off-road things, say they just took their shocks off and the ride was better.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:46 AM   #374
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Yeah, they are the single leaf springs. Just kept what the cart had when I got it. After reading through everyone's opinions on suspension before I started my build, figured I'd save the money for now.

As for running without shocks, figure it's free to try. Some others that use their carts for hunting and other off-road things, say they just took their shocks off and the ride was better.
Thanks for the response! Maybe I should just try the remove the shock test first. I've considered removing one or two of each leaf's smaller springs.....I forget if they are riveted on or bolted. Likely a rivet.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:34 AM   #375
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I installed a belly pan of sorts. I gave some more detailed information on this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=161329.

It's a 3 piece design that I came up with. Made it out of 1/8th" HDPE. It certainly will not keep 100% of water and debris out, but I'm thinking it should stop around 90%.

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg
Old 04-27-2020, 07:18 AM   #376
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just realized I never put up a picture of the buggy when I got everything painted and installed. I'll have to get a picture from the front later.

IMG_2018.jpg
Old 10-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #377
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I have the first position (normal mode) programmed for disabling the cart.
Can you explain what settings are needed to do this? I have the actual Alltrax FN-KEY switch box, and a XCT-48500 controller. I have Alltrax Toolkit and a laptop with USB cord. It would give me a lot of peace of mind if I could use one of the 3 lockable settings as a "disabler."
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #378
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

For Your "Normal" mode tab, jut set the settings below to zero or all the way to the left:
Max Motoring Armature Amps
Max Motoring Battery Amps
Speed Limit
Throttle Rate
The normal mode is also the default mode if someone unplugs the 3-pin cable from the Controller so there is no way around disabling it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #379
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
For Your "Normal" mode tab, jut set the settings below to zero or all the way to the left:
Max Motoring Armature Amps
Max Motoring Battery Amps
Speed Limit
Throttle Rate
The normal mode is also the default mode if someone unplugs the 3-pin cable from the Controller so there is no way around disabling it.
Outstanding. You just solved one of my biggest concerns about securing this cart. Thank you!!
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:00 AM   #380
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Finally putting together my accessories electrical system. At the moment I will just be hooking up a light bar. I know I will be adding other things in the future. I would appreciate any guidance and opinions.

Here is what I was thinking for the converter and fuse block:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KQQGJWM...v_ov_lig_dp_it
What do they mean by "non-isolated"?
I realize the 60 amp this converter is rated at is probably overkill, but I am not sure of how many accessories I will want to add in the future. So I'd rather just buy once, cry once.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000THQ0CQ...v_ov_lig_dp_it

As for switches, I was looking at these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XN9Z2XS...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I was also thinking this might be a cool option:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KZYL3F5...v_ov_lig_dp_it
However, the 10 amp rating has me concerned if that is 10 amp total or per switch/button. Thoughts?

Am I correct that the formula for figuring out amps is:
Watts divided by volts equals amps?

My light bar is rated at 36 watts. So that means amps is 3. So my switch needs to be above that, or do I need the switch to be rated above the amps provided through the converter/fuse block?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car