lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Leaf battery terminal covers

I've been thinking of "what to do" about a battery terminal cover for my 7 module lithium pack. I've looked at just picking up a piece of Acrylic from Home Depot. A piece of 11" x 14" is $6. https://www.homedepot.com/p/OPTIX-11...242A/301138329 So, my thoughts were forming the Acrylic sheet into a "U" so it would cover the terminals....and rest up against the battery case.

Acrylic can be shaped (bent at 90-degree angles) using just a propane torch. I think I can just fasten it with a small bolt or screw drilled into the bus bar's on each end.

Any thoughts on this? Or what was anyone else's approach?

Here's how my batteries will be sitting in the cart. (I turned the original pic sideways to show how they will actually be placed in the cart)

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Leaf battery terminal covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I've been thinking of "what to do" about a battery terminal cover for my 7 module lithium pack. I've looked at just picking up a piece of Acrylic from Home Depot. A piece of 11" x 14" is $6. https://www.homedepot.com/p/OPTIX-11...242A/301138329 So, my thoughts were forming the Acrylic sheet into a "U" so it would cover the terminals....and rest up against the battery case.

Acrylic can be shaped (bent at 90-degree angles) using just a propane torch. I think I can just fasten it with a small bolt or screw drilled into the bus bar's on each end.

Any thoughts on this? Or what was anyone else's approach?

Here's how my batteries will be sitting in the cart. (I turned the original pic sideways to show how they will actually be placed in the cart)

I just started practicing over the weekend. I'm using a propane torch and a metal brake. It works well but alot of heat is needed to get the bend with out cracking. This was attempt number 1. I'm going to make the sides a bit shorter on the final go.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I just started practicing over the weekend. I'm using a propane torch and a metal brake. It works well but alot of heat is needed to get the bend with out cracking. This was attempt number 1. I'm going to make the sides a bit shorter on the final go.
That's exactly what I was thinking!! Great minds think alike!!

(Or great minds stink alike....or something......)
Old 10-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Jkerle,

Those studs on the battery spacer are M6-1.0

If you bend some flanges on your cover you can use them to bolt it on.

I was planning to use a coupling nut and a bolt on 4 of my studs to just fasten a flat piece of coroplast. Got the coupling nuts from ace hardware.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 322EFE38-60AA-41C6-9E20-BE78EE954CE8.jpg (191.0 KB, 0 views)
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
Jkerle,

Those studs on the battery spacer are M6-1.0

If you bend some flanges on your cover you can use them to bolt it on.

I was planning to use a coupling nut and a bolt on 4 of my studs to just fasten a flat piece of coroplast. Got the coupling nuts from ace hardware.
AG, that's a great idea for your set of Leaf's. However, mine are the early 2012 edition and I have spacers......but not the studs like your later (I think later) version does.

But you have a great idea as well. Do what is EZ to get the job done!!!

(I'm not an engineer.....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a few times)

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium