lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
icemanxxxv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Pulled The Trigger!

Just grabbed a Vegas Cart 625 Big Block Kit for the 05 MTD1200. After examining all the options I came to the conclusion that this was the easiest way to go. I can gut the whole wiring system from the cart get rid of the pedal start. Wire in a safety switch for the gear selector and a accessory fuse block a do a simple wiring install to add tach, headlights, and tail lights. I'll be detail cleaning and prepping the engine bay for a fresh coat of paint this week in anticipation of the transplant parts!
icemanxxxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
leschilli67
Getting Wild

Default Re: Pulled The Trigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanxxxv View Post
Just grabbed a Vegas Cart 625 Big Block Kit for the 05 MTD1200. After examining all the options I came to the conclusion that this was the easiest way to go. I can gut the whole wiring system from the cart get rid of the pedal start. Wire in a safety switch for the gear selector and a accessory fuse block a do a simple wiring install to add tach, headlights, and tail lights. I'll be detail cleaning and prepping the engine bay for a fresh coat of paint this week in anticipation of the transplant parts!

You will love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leschilli67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
icemanxxxv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

All but one wire from cart removed and now residing on the garage floor. Removed the front cowl wow does this thing need a full blown bath.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Keep the pictures coming -- the vc625 is a potent beast. You'll be glad you did this upgrade.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #5
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You're headed the same direction I took. Yeah, doing a full strip down you will find dirt you didn't know you were carrying around!

The 625 is one impressive power plant. You are going to love the change. Keep us posted with pics. The addition of their throttle plate will help you with setup of the throttle cable to carb connection.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #6
icemanxxxv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
You're headed the same direction I took. Yeah, doing a full strip down you will find dirt you didn't know you were carrying around!

The 625 is one impressive power plant. You are going to love the change. Keep us posted with pics. The addition of their throttle plate will help you with setup of the throttle cable to carb connection.

One of the reasons I went with their kit is the turn key instillation, and stand alone wiring. No starter generator. Allowing me to build my own wiring harness the way I want it. All the whistles and bells for the install. I'm pretty good with the wrenches and wiring after 30 plus years of fixing jets. Install should be a snap with a snag or two to keep it interesting along the way. Film at 11!
Old 04-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #7
AaronW
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Drain that gas tank!! :)
We will have engines SOON and be shipping out just as fast!
AaronW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #8
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanxxxv View Post
One of the reasons I went with their kit is the turn key instillation, and stand alone wiring. No starter generator. Allowing me to build my own wiring harness the way I want it. All the whistles and bells for the install. I'm pretty good with the wrenches and wiring after 30 plus years of fixing jets. Install should be a snap with a snag or two to keep it interesting along the way. Film at 11!
The biggest snag I experienced was my dogs were a little disturbed by the cart still running when I stepped off for a moment. The oldest, who always rides with me, wanted to jump off too at first. Now she is used to it and knows that the idling cart means I am coming back to the driver seat soon to resume the ride.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #9
icemanxxxv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW View Post
Drain that gas tank!! :)
We will have engines SOON and be shipping out just as fast!
Oh yeah tank is getting drained and flushed for sure!

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #10
icemanxxxv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Installed with the exception of keyway for the drive clutch. Took pretty much all the day. Would be complete except well I thought the key way needed to be cut to length. Well I was wrong. Aaron has a new one on its way. Live and learn. For the most part I would say this swap kit is 99% drop in bolt up. Just had a few minor issues but hey that is what keeps it fun. OBTW its Miller Time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80EF4CD3-E99F-4323-930F-9D47391BDD40.jpg (191.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg D7C2D698-6D22-4589-8A98-DB861D98B837.jpg (154.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!