lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2015, 09:02 PM   #1
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Default Columbia Harley Top Speed

I'm curious how fast your Columbia or Harley will go on level ground.

Please state:

1. Top speed.
2. How you got the speed. (gps, speedometer, driving beside a vehicle, etc)
3. Model, year.
4. Engine size.
5. Tire size.
6. Governed or not.
7. 3 or 4 wheeler.
8. Any other useful information. (turbo, nitrous, etc) Ha.
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2015, 09:08 PM   #2
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Default Re: Columbia Harley Top Speed

1. 16 mph
2. gps
3. 83 Columbia D3
4. stock 245.8 cc bored 0.020 over
5. 18x8.50-8
6. not governed
7. 3 wheeler
8. I think my drive belt is about worn out
Old 09-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I have two 1985s:

Cart #1, 4 wheeler

1. 18 mph.
2. GPS
3. standard motor / piston / rings BUT with a conversion to a Mikuni BV-19 carb and an electric fuel pump.
4. standard tires
5. no governor
6. Cart has been converted from points to the electric ignition module used on the later carts.

Cart #2, 3 wheeler

1. 22 mph (this thing flies and I am not sure why)
2. GPS
3. standard motor/ piston / rings BUT with a conversion to a Mikuni BV-19 carb and electric fuel pump.
4. standard tires
5. no govenor
6. Cart has been converted from point to the electric ignition module used on later carts.

Note: Obviously, I prefer Mikuni carbs to the Walbros. The Mukunis were used on 80s era EZ Gos. For my money the Mikunis offer a bit better consistency with regard to acceleration. I think the top-end speed is a bit better too but that can vary a lot from cart to cart so who knows.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Yea that seems fast or mine is slow one. The steering on mine is real sensitive at top speed. I just rebuilt mine so I'm still using break in oil ratio. I need to measure my drive belt and see how bad it is worn. It is an old belt. That may help mine a little.

I put the Mikuni (knockoff I assume, since it doesn't say mikuni) on mine too. It seems to do good. I think the throat is a little bigger.

Do you know how tall your tires are? That would make a good difference in pulling power or top end.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I believe taller tires add speed at the expense of torque and shorter tires add torque while losing speed. That said, my carts are 100 miles away at our camp so I don't know the exact sizes. The 4 wheeler actually is a "low rider" and has low profile tires on some nice chrome rims.

The 3 wheeler just has the standard tires on it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:57 PM   #6
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

I know this is an old thread but updating information.

95 par car. Stock rotten tires. Converted back to points with HEI conversion. China minuki knock off carb. Fresh "rebuild". Didn't do a rod bearing and the cylinder is just re-honed with new rings. Fairly certain ring gap is out of spec. Re-used the old piston too. New belt but the primary clutch is really worn on the surfaces. I deleted the oil injection as well and using 2oz to a gallon

I got it to 21 today on flat ground using GPS speed app on my iPhone. Old belt I got 20. 14-17 is a really good comfortable cruising speed.
tcanthonyii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbia harley top speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar