lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Club Car DS Lithium Conversion

So I was going to wait until this was finished, but we made such progress last night that I thought I would share.

My buddy has a 2007? DS with 4” lift, 20” tires (yes looks a little like a roller skate but taller tires coming) that he keeps immaculately clean. His batteries died and I have been talking to him about doing a lithium conversion for some time, so he decided to take the plunge.

We started by removing the old batteries.

We are using Nissan Leaf cells again here, Gen 1’s. The whole pack was $500 on EBay. Will be using these seven 2S modules for 58.8V.
We then removed the rear body and cleaned up the frame with baking soda and water with a stiff brush.

Gave it a couple coats of satin black from a rattle can. We are putting in polished diamond plate floors and aluminum panels, so the only part of this battery tray area that will be visible is the main frame rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium