lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
jkpinatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default UPDATE-(THANKS TO BOB BOYCE...)New 72 volt L6...NO LONGER SLOW....

I posted early this week about a pair of new 72 volt L6's that a friend and I ordered and our utter disappointment in the level of speed and acceleration that was locked down at the factory. I understand EZgo has to worry about liability but the 16 MPH top speed on 'rabbit' mode and acceleration of a Yugo with a bad plug wire was not acceptable.

I was told by two dealers that this cart had NO available programming options and the ONLY way to get the performance enhanced was through a controller swap (but that no aftermarket controllers existed for a 72v cart).

Thankfully BGW Legend Bob Boyce let me know he thought he could teach the carts a few 'Tricks'. Three days later I have a cart with great acceleration and a top speed of 25 MPH. My buddy has a cart that tops out at just over 30 MPH. (I have a teenager and 25 is enough for us). We are both thrilled with the results.

The great thing, this is with no new parts or hardware modifications. Just a genius and his programming equipment. The performance gains barely tax the cart and the speed and torque could easily be increased further. Coming from an RXV, the increased torque of the 72 volt AC in the new carts is unbelievable. While my RXV would reach 23-24 mph on flat ground it would lose speed on a grade. The 72 volt cart holds speed up hills even with 6 passengers and a cooler.

I could not be happier with the cart and wanted to give a heartfelt THANKS to Bob! His knowledge of these carts and systems is truly incredible!!
jkpinatl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO