lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Long Travel lift front & rear, Lithium powered TXT build

I'm pretty excited about this build. It's going good so far with few complications. I started with a well used 2003 txt as you can see.

I have a Jakes long travel cart and love how the front rides. Rear is still stiff with HD leaf springs. Jakes offers a rear long travel for gas but not electric. I bought the rear kit from jakes anyway to see if it'll work with a little fabrication.

The 2nd pic shows just the jakes rear long travel. Found two major problems right away.

Problem #1 a gas cart rear axle housing tube is 2.25" diameter, an electric is 2.00" so the solid aluminum coil-over mounts will not tighten down. Solution- I bought a steel tube with an inner diameter of 2.00" and an outer diameter of 2.25". I cut it in half lengthwise making two pieces that I welded to the rear axle tube increasing it's diameter to 2.25". Problem #1 done.

Problem #2 is no lateral and roll support for rear axle since electric doesn't have a motor mount stabilizing the rear axle. Solution- I come from a jeep off-roading background and we 3-link and 4-link all the time. If I triangulate new lower links I correct this issue. A bit of DOM tubing and some rod ends, some weld in bungs and a few tab mounts and we have a solid rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image01.jpg (200.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image02.jpg (183.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image05.jpg (220.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image06.jpg (176.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image07.jpg (173.0 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO