lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
raypa
Getting Wild

Default Filling holes in plastic Yamaha body

I'm prepping to paint and am looking for something to fill in the drill holes from the rear "not a step" rubber pads. I dont' know what will stay in the holes (1/4" dia) since they are clear through. I'll also be fixing some deeper gouges with it.

I did a search but didn't see anything similar.
Thanks,
Ray
raypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
bigdaddyscart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Filling holes in plastic Yamaha body

i own a body shop in indy on my personal cart i filled all the extra holes with the 4 minute jb weld sold at any harware store or autozone works good on all plastics grind both sides of holes and tape over inside of holes and fill from front then peel tape off inside and coat inside sand just like bondo and prime works great and will holdup great even on bigger holes .and the sun doesnt cause it to shrink. stuff works awesome but dont use the jb weld that takes forever to dry its made for metal
bigdaddyscart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
raypa
Getting Wild

Funny you say that, last night I tried the steel jb weld that took forever to dry. I'll get some 4 minute stuff and give it a shot.
Thanks for the tip!!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Raypa,

I was going to suggest using the christmas tree pins you have from the rubber steps. push them in from the inside out, then trim the flush with the body. Next epoxy or glue them in from the inside. once cured use some body filler to finish out the holes.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The proper stuff to use is flexible bumper repair for cars. Used to be able to get a squeeze pack of it that had a small amount at autobody supply places. It is like plastic bondo. You grind the hole out some so the top is larger and tapered, then fill it in, best to do the same to the inside if you can. Then just block it with wet paper and use flexible bumper primer on it, wet sand again. You can get flexible bumper primer at walmart in a spray can last I looked. Use a plastic/rubber squeegee on the repair stuff to smooth it out when applying, its like bondo. But if you can use something else and you are not making a show cart, go for it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
raypa
Getting Wild

Thanks! The 4 min JB weld worked great. sanded and painted nicely.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #7
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well, then lets see the finished product!

SHMO
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint