lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Amsoil Synthetic engine oil or Royal Purple engine oil

Amsoil Full Synthetic engine oil or Royal Purple full synthetic engine oil? I have 2 quarts of Royal Purple Full synthetic engine oil but a freind of mine is a Amsoil dealer - Harley Davidson engine builder and swears by amsoil. He uses an Amsoil full synthetic oil specifically for air cooled engines. I wanna get this 23 HP Vanguard running today but at the same time I wan't the best engine oil money can buy.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: Amsoil Synthetic engine oil or Royal Purple engine oil

Roady
We like to run motor first few hours on dyno oil then switch to synthetic They seem to break in better. 3-5 hrs and then change to Any brand synthetic is good, Mobile1, Castrol, Amsoil, Royal purple, Cool power, Optimal. The list goes on. all of them provide better protection at higher temps and don't change viscosity as much when cold. Since your motor had a cam installed we use a moly based cam/assembly lube so first oil change will be darker than you would expect.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Thats the way I was always taught, Straight up dino oil for break in then switch to full synthetic after break in. The only reason I am even considering this is because this guy builds harley engines and swears by it even for break in.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Synthitic for break in will take longer, And you will probably be like everybody else and break it in about 1/2 of what you should. LOL. Besides the first few hours and change is to get inital particals out. using synthetic for that short of time is a waste.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine oil, oil
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!