lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
yankee dog
Not Yet Wild

Default Stock Wheels Rubbing Front Bumper?

So, I have this 1992 gas Club Car. Daughter loves it. Can't keep her off of it. It only gets driven about once a month in the spring till fall. We keep it up at the cabin. I just purchased it last summer. Not used all that often, but when she gets her hands on it, she is in it all weekend.

I have noticed that the stock front wheels (the cart is all stock) 18-8.5-8 in size, are rubbing the little black plastic bumper.

I just brought the the thing home for a spring once over, and noticed the bumper is almost worn all the way through.

I plan on putting on a lift kit and new rims/tires combo, but before I do, I want to figure out if this rubbing is an indiction of a problem that I need to deal with before I buy a lift kit.

As a matter of fact, it is 45 degrees, light rain, and she is out there driving it right now Thanks, YD
yankee dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stock Wheels Rubbing Front Bumper?

Sounds like a weak or broken spring or it's being run over jumps.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
yankee dog
Not Yet Wild

Interesting, not sure how the cart was treated before I purchased it, however, the roads this cart is driven on are dirt roads.

So if I understand things, the front leaf is weak causing the front end of the body to sag, which in turn lets the front wheels rub the front bumper.

In that case, I assume the front leaf needs replacement. Which will raise the front end to it's normal position, thus gaining clearance for the front wheels to bumper. Perhaps a heavy duty spring. I see those are abvailable as well as the stock spring. Thanks for the info. YD
yankee dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

doug i think the stock spring is around arond 30 bucks and the hd is twice as much. if its was me i would just go heavy duty.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car