lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #31
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Rebuild or buy complete engine ?

LOL!, yes but that is nearly the only time I wind it out that fast. It still stops pretty well and can lock the tires in dirt but over 30 I would say more braking would be better/safer. I have gone through the brakes and they work well. This is the only time I ride on pavement. Most trails I ride there is no way I would/could go fast usually 30 tops in a spurt and that is all, but I had to see what it would do right...lol. It should go faster now the clutch setup shifts out more than it did back then but too cold to do a test like that now. That was the ezgo setup out of the box in the 94c, it shifted too fast.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #32
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I looked up the CT swap and it would cost $800 with shipping.Then the broken rod scanario adds a $400 core charge.After all that you still have your old clutch,carb and intake tract,and exhaust system.All of these parts would be new with the clone kit.The exhaust header is an 1.25 stainless steel piece that will far longer than any stock or other system I've seen.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #33
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well on THAT note, we could look at my '97 which has been driven by several long-term forum members ... Stock 350, 295 head, FJ springs, timing advance, CDI (no rev limiter) ignition, bored, polished and jetted carb, 8:1 gears, will break loose 205/14's on pavement, and has a top end of 42mph on the GPS - with stock exhaust and stock 28deg clutch. On the downside, it runs well on race gas but not so well on pump premium, on the upside it's still not a golf cart with a lawnmower engine so the resale is still solid. With the Zemco and the even BIGGER jet, it will break 45 (but again, sounds like a long, drawn-out bad burrito) ....

All in all - the original post was geared towards replacing an engine, and all the tech BS wasn't really mentioned or asked for by the OP. Even though we have had some fun poking at each other, I truly hope the OP realizes that there is a WORLD of difference between upgrading a stock engine with warranty or frankensteining his cart - and let's be honest - not everyone has the access to the fab tools or skills needed to really get crazy-custom on a budget. I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm just trying to do what it is I've done here for years, which is give good, solid, understanding, and accurate advice based on personal experience. Most of which I was lucky to have learned from like minds doing the same before the "Golf Cart Craze" started.

The question was, what's a good move to replace an engine that went south, basically ... If the OP was ready for a jump into another world he'd have started the thread in the BB section and asked about timing advance, tolerances, crank tapers, etc - but he didn't. Take a deep breath, remember we're all here to help each other.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #34
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

No he asked about the vegascarts kit and you made it sound really a lot harder and costlier than it is.Before something like the vegascarts kit a clone swap was time consuming, but now if easy enough that anyone that can chage an engine can certainly install a vegascarts kit, and it is also very cost effective.Lastly any future replacement parts are a fraction of the price of OEM parts.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #35
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

brewcity and ray...you crack me up!
old trusty bit the dust and now i have a 1992 paper waght sitting in my npool transpertation.
ive ben going over all the options in front of me(ct stock $600, ct375 $750, vegas bb swap kit$600 with HF $300 or HD clone, vegas 625bb kit $1700)
I want to run the starter/gen as it was designed so after talking to vegas carts their 625 is out
My marathon doesnt have enouph room to fit a 670 v twin so thats out.
what ever i doo it has to be quiet due to the time of night i have to pass between 2 naibors houses on our cart path.
my kids and wife drive it too.
relibility is important, After building bikes and jetskys the wilde you go that seams to go out the window.
Im leaning twards the ct375 but the cost of all optiond has gone up consideribly.
Im a body man and good at welding but time and cash are tight (trying to get my body shop business off the ground.
the set up im thinking of is
ct 375
28 degree helix cluch
28 degree ramp buttons
41"belt???
no lift
biggest tires and wheels i can fit. I think20"
any thing i left out you would do?
Bondohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:21 PM   #36
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Talk about digging up an old thread, BUT the DIY VC 460 seems to be back for the pretty low price of $380 loaded up with some needed speed equipment so my old take on things is still the same. Back then I only had the VC 460 for a couple of months. The base engine is still in there 5 years later with a couple of up grades.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:12 PM   #37
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

https://vegascarts.com/collections/e...on-gx390-clone
$740 no motor what you talking bout 300?
Bondohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO