lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
TWINPA
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 ezgo caught fire

Rewireing this 98 for a friend at work ,he had it running the the other day to take some garbage out. it stopped running and he couldnt get it going again.one of the maintence guys sprayed either in it and it backfired and you can guess the rest.anyhow i have redone all but one white wire that comes out from the fan shroud.its only about 5 inchs long with a single prong plug kinda looks like a ground of some sort,but i cant see where it would plug in to .all the wires were still hooked up but there wasnt any that could take that plug? also the fuel lines were burned off,looking at the carb on the left side there are two 1/8 hoses are they just vacuum and left open?
TWINPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 ezgo caught fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINPA View Post
Rewireing this 98 for a friend at work ,he had it running the the other day to take some garbage out. it stopped running and he couldnt get it going again.one of the maintence guys sprayed either in it and it backfired and you can guess the rest.anyhow i have redone all but one white wire that comes out from the fan shroud.its only about 5 inchs long with a single prong plug kinda looks like a ground of some sort,but i cant see where it would plug in to .all the wires were still hooked up but there wasnt any that could take that plug? also the fuel lines were burned off,looking at the carb on the left side there are two 1/8 hoses are they just vacuum and left open?

The white wire is for optional low oil pressure light & the 2 small lines are carb overflow/vent lines that just point toward the ground .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
deerhunter30
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The single wire is prob for the oil sensor and yes the 2 hoses are just vents.
deerhunter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
deerhunter30
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 98 ezgo caught fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
The white wire is for optional low oil pressure light & the 2 small lines are carb overflow lines that just point downward.
You beat me to it mule
deerhunter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
TWINPA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys ! now all i need is the new air cleaner assy to come and i can try it out . hopefully i have it done right , i got rid of the buzzer cuz it was melted,the one wire to that can remain unhooked i hope?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINPA View Post
Thanks guys ! now all i need is the new air cleaner assy to come and i can try it out . hopefully i have it done right , i got rid of the buzzer cuz it was melted,the one wire to that can remain unhooked i hope?
If you're talking about the reverse beeper it shouldn't hurt anything but just be sure to tape up the wire if it has power to it.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #7
TWINPA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks mule! gonna tape it up now . hope this puppy runs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO