lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default help with precedent light harness wiring

I am confused here, and don't want to hook up my new lights to the wrong voltage.

This is what I got :

2008 precedent "PH" cart. 48 volt, with 4 12 volt batteries.

I bought a bucket harness and I also bought a light kit from stretch plastics, but the wire colors DO NOT match with the directions.

I installed the rear lites, and after I strung the bucket wiring harness out, I plugged the rear lites in. Then I routed the large 12 wire connector and lite switch, to the dash area,. This leaves a black wire ( with yellow bullet connector) and a red wire with a fuse holder, hanging inside the battery area.

I see there is a mate to the black wire ( with bullet connector), hanging out from the obc area. So I take it I push these 2 connectors together, good so far.
NOW this red wire?? The stretch directions say to attch the wire to battery #4 positive. When I attach this red wire, to the short blue wire that is hanging from the positive, and I turn on the lite switch, I can read 49 volts at the front light connector. Isn't it only suppose to be 12 volts there? I don't want to hook the connector up and fry my new lights.

There is also a short blue wire hanging from the battery ( second battery in from driver side) negative.

The stretch light kit came with the real short jumper wire set up, that goes the the front lite and also plugs into the 12 pin connector of the bucket harness. The bucket harness also has a gray wire in the dash area, so I plugged that to the gray wire that was already in the dash area.

Can someone verify if I am suppose to have the 49 volts at the lite harness? If not, then where should I attach this red wire with the fuse?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: help with precedent light harness wiring

no only 12v .. i would think you are reading the pack backwards .. so as you see it try the #1 battery positive post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

standing on driver side of cart, the battery closest to you, is the battery that the main negative wire from obc connects to. SO what number is this particular battery?

Is this same battery thatb the obc negative is going to, the battery that should hook up my positive to?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
smackdaddy66
Getting Wild
Club Car

The red wire needs to either connect to the one battery producing 12 volts or to a 48-12 voltage reducer that is connected to your blue wire.
smackdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
crash test dummy

took screen shot of manual

Attached Images
File Type: png 2008 12v.png (87.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

ctd

very cool, thank you.

My batteries sit the other way, all 4 are in a row starting from driver side of cart across.

So based on that note I see, I will attach to the closest battery to the driver.

I need the pdf of that manual. I have about 35 manuals, but not that one.

Thanks again
Old 09-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
crash test dummy

as i read the diagram the blue wire from the 12 pin connector goes to the positive post on the battery connected to the OBC

HERE IS YOUR SET UP

i attached the pdf file of the 2008 parts manual .. it has the diagrams
Attached Images
File Type: png 2008 12PINC.png (10.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 2008 12vX4.png (20.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2008-Precedent_v2.pdf (14.13 MB, 0 views)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Crash

thanks bro.

After seeing it, I checked, and I do have that manual. I wasn't looking in the parts I was looking in the service manual.

Anyway, I hooked up to the battery you show, and I have lites

Thanks again
Old 09-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
crash test dummy

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car