lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
campfirecub
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Bombardier NEV smoke puff & burning smell

I am new here & just bought a 98 bombardier golf cart, nev. I drove it around for 1 hour with no problems but the charge needle started showing low, so by the time I parked it, batteries were dead. I had to move it about 1 foot forward, and pressed the pedal while also pushing it forward, manually.

Then I saw a puff of smoke coming up from where it looks like the driver side front wheel well area. There was also a burning smell, but it didn't last very long. A neighbor said it smelled like lubricant, but I thought it smelled like burning. By that time, it was very dark outside, and I could not see anything, so I just parked it - and haven't done anything else yet till morning.

Does anyone have a clue what happened, and what to expect, and how to fix it?

thank you.
campfirecub is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
bombardier, burn, burning, smoke, smoking
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts