lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
mdgifford
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 EZGO RXV 5th battery for accessories how to install a quick disconnect port?

I want to add a 5th dry cell battery for accessories, lights, steroe, video, backup camera and other items. I'm wanting to mount the batter under the drivers side in the spare area and install a quick charging port just like the one the cart uses to charge the 48v system. Does anyone have any suggestions?
mdgifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 EZGO RXV 5th battery for accessories how to install a quick disconnect port?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Dry Cell" battery and most dry cell batteries are not rechargeable.

However, if you are talking about a AGM or a gel cell or other type rechargeable 12V battery, I wouldn't use a charging port that is the same as the one used for a 48V system.
Murphy's Law dictates that someone will attach a 48V charger to the 12V battery and explode it.

Some people use a 12V power port (Lighter outlet) with heavy enough wires to handle the charging current.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 EZGO RXV 5th battery for accessories how to install a quick disconnect port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgifford View Post
I want to add a 5th dry cell battery for accessories, lights, steroe, video, backup camera and other items. I'm wanting to mount the batter under the drivers side in the spare area and install a quick charging port just like the one the cart uses to charge the 48v system. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I ordered a power plug off of Ebay for $12. It if fused, marine grade and it lights up when opened. I am picking up a deep cycle battery today and I am going to place it on the driver side of my 08 PDS. I am going to wire my lights, power port to a fuse block with 16 gauge wire and run 10 gauge wire from the batter to the fuse block.

going to pick up a trickle charger with the adapter so I can plug it into my power port to seperately charge the 12volt.
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
mdgifford
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the replies, I'm sorry I dont' know batteries, I want a battery separate from the 48v system and add a permanent charging port just like the one the cart already has (or something similar). One guy mentioned a power plug that lights up, any idea what the name was and how you attached the plug to your charger and the port to your battery? Thank you again
mdgifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO