lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
TLB50
Not Yet Wild

Question Problem with handling

Hi Anyone,
I just put 10" wheels and larger tires (205x65x10) on my 2003 Club Car Pathway.
Initially I had a clearance problem on the front of the cart. I solved this by installing a new heavy duty front leaf spring. I now have plenty of clearance for the tires. But now my handling/steering feels really loose and squirrelly. Does the cart need some sort of alignment? Is there some other cure? I had no instructions on how to do this change and I was wondering what is the purpose of the bolt in the center of the leaf spring? It has a lock nut on it and I couldn't see any purpose that it served.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
TLB50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Problem with handling

The bolt that goes through center of front spring has a offset to adjust camber. To check alignment you need a carpenters square ( large type ) find a flat surface and roll cart back about 10' and roll forward while holding steering wheel straight. Then place carpenters square ( long side ) against tire sidewall and there should be 1/4" to 1/2" clearance on bottom sidewall. To adjust loosen the 4 bolts that hold spring and plate against frame and then loosen spring center bolt nut and this allows spring bolt offset to move from one side to the other for alignment.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
TLB50
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Problem with handling

Thanks for getting back to me. It sheds a little light on the situation. Am I correct in assuming that I should see the same amount of clearance on both wheels?
TLB50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Problem with handling

Yes, same on both sides, unlike cars which compensate for the crown in the road ........
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handling, larger tires and wheels, steering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car